Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm redoing the wiring harness in my rig. I added a D.P.D.T switch for an off, ignition, & accessory switch & a momentary switch for crank. I was gonna remove the key ignition all together then remember about the wheel lock....Is it a good thing ot keep? I know when I tow my rig on my tow dolly I pull out the key to lock the wheel.....do I really need to though?

·
Registered
17,975 Posts
Wyld Bill said:
I'm redoing the wiring harness in my rig. I added a D.P.D.T switch for an off, ignition, & accessory switch & a momentary switch for crank. I was gonna remove the key ignition all together then remember about the wheel lock....Is it a good thing ot keep? I know when I tow my rig on my tow dolly I pull out the key to lock the wheel.....do I really need to though?

I would ditch it if it were me. I use a Kryptonite motorcycle U-lock through the spokes in the wheel to the grab bar on the passenger side, to keep the wheels from turning if so required.

when I was playing around with dash wires, I discovered the silly "anti-theft" shear bolts that hold the ignition/lock mechanism to the steering column were not only super easily accessible to vise grips, they were so loose, I removed them by hand! :rasta:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Should I keep my steering wheel lock feature?

UZI 9mm said:

I would ditch it if it were me. I use a Kryptonite motorcycle U-lock through the spokes in the wheel to the grab bar on the passenger side, to keep the wheels from turning if so required.

when I was playing around with dash wires, I discovered the silly "anti-theft" shear bolts that hold the ignition/lock mechanism to the steering column were not only super easily accessible to vise grips, they were so loose, I removed them by hand! :rasta:
That's kool,..so the lock fit good huh?
Ditto that with the "Anti-theft" bolts I had a Zook that I completely stripped. I tried getting Vise Grips in there but the U shaped piece was denying me. I just tapped them C.C.W. with a chisel & hammer then spun them out by hand:rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts