• Bacon

Votes: 15 26.8%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ME:
You need some rockwells in the Heep seems like they would be perfect for ya with the 454 coming you could sell your tires and axles and buy some rockwells and 44s or 48s and you'll be pimpin You wont break um

Seabass:
I am thinking about it But with 6:72 gears I need to at least go 44"s so the cost is just to far out there right now, a D60 would be within reason at this point. Don't get me wrong, rockwells are much cheaper, but it's the added cost of tires I'll know all there is to rockwells when FULLSIZE gets done with his, I just talked to him and there are some very apealing sides to rockies I have not heard before

ME:
I bet that with selling the rear end and tires and getting rockwells and new tires you will be the same if not better off $$$ wise as compared to just selling the front end and buying a D60.

What do you guys think, should he, or no?

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
If it's a trail rig, put some rockwells and 44's on there and never look back. I will NEVER put an overpriced POS d60 front in any trail rig of mine again. That is my pledge.

J. J.

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
i dont think he has a towrig/trailer for the rockwell equipped beast?????????? imagine going down icehouse rd. with pinion brakes smokin :smokin:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Booger Weldz said:
i dont think he has a towrig/trailer for the rockwell equipped beast?????????? imagine going down icehouse rd. with pinion brakes smokin :smokin:
He could just keep the big ass drums:flipoff2:

Well I am pretty sure he is getting 2 1 ton chevys one is what the new motor and tranny are coming out of, so who knows:D

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Booger Weldz said:
just sold my tow_rig, he he, it never even made it to my house:D I don't do the tow thing, you know that, I'm a hardcore drive it to the trail dude.rockies cheap, 44" boggers not! I'll gimp the d44 a while, might be wheeling the toyota this year and building on the jeep.I got a full detroit saoft locker for it now:D goes in front and weld up rear, need some smurfs if I take it on the rocks:eek:

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
i voted for sell the 44 and upgrade to a 60 front. 3 reasons, 1st is ease of swap, 2nd would be the 60 is street legal(as apposed to pinion brakes on the rockwells) and the 3rd reason is if he stays with 39's he'll be fine with a 60 up front. just my opinion.:beer:

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
SeaBass44 said:
just sold my tow_rig, he he, it never even made it to my house:D I don't do the tow thing, you know that, I'm a hardcore drive it to the trail dude.rockies cheap, 44" boggers not! I'll gimp the d44 a while, might be wheeling the toyota this year and building on the jeep.I got a full detroit saoft locker for it now:D goes in front and weld up rear, need some smurfs if I take it on the rocks:eek:
Darren, if you sold the truck that I have, we'll have to talk since it's now a third party deal......

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
steveh said:
I voted Ban RC Beater ................. again ............. :flipoff2:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
you can delete this thread too if ya want......I'm keepin the 44 for now anyway:D

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
steveh said:
I voted Ban RC Beater ................. again ............. :flipoff2:
That dude was a clown.

On topic, rockwells or mogs wouldn't work because he refuses to tow to and from the trail. Bigger gears mean bigger tires for the road.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Pavement Pounder83 said:

I agree screw rockwells go MoG

Drew
I agree too. Get yourself cast iron type mog axles and 44" tyres and you got clearance, strength and 100% lockers.

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Wilson said:

That dude was a clown.

On topic, rockwells or mogs wouldn't work because he refuses to tow to and from the trail. Bigger gears mean bigger tires for the road.
yup:) I think a regular stock 60 will be plenty strong enough for me:p

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I say you get some toy axles with cro mo's and longs :flipoff2:
Mine have held up to the 37's so far.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
ROCKPIMP said:
I say you get some toy axles with cro mo's and longs :flipoff2:
Mine have held up to the 37's so far.

i think your reply is :barf: but your sig paragraph is funny as hell! :laughing:

·
Registered
441 Posts
same ole debate different thread....

We are looking at cost, ease of swap, and overall aspect.

COST= MOGS out, build front 60 questionable, 2.5 tons cheapest by FAR.

EASE of swap= MOGS out again, rockwells same as mogs, 60 alot easier to hang.

OVERALL- mogs $$$$ can handle some tough shit and got lots of clearance, 60 $$$$ tough easy to get parts for and can handle up to a 44' tire, 2.5's cheap and easy to get can handle LOTS of abuse plus with only 39.5's will have more clearance then a 60.

If you got a backup rig, I'd get 2.5 ton's the price to strength % is just too good, a 60 is probably the better way for YOU to go since you want your rig to drive down the road:rolleyes: Portals are a good choice IF you can afford them and can find parts for them but NOT good for a rig seeing road action too.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts