Votes: 53 15.8%
  • I'll take my bacon well done, please.

Votes: 111 33.1%
1 - 20 of 249 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see lots of whining about "The Toyota forum sucks now" "It's Tuesday everyday" blah blah blah... But almost nobody reports threads, they would rather whine in other forums, be a tough guy and newbie bash, etc. So IMO, it's your own damn faults if you think your forum sucks. :flipoff2:

With that said... Do we need to create a Toyota Newb forum?

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
I'll say what I always say...

NO noob forum.

Regular users, up the SIGNAL to drown out the NOISE.

·
Registered
351 Posts
NO newb forums... we already have a NEWB forum and people should learn you use it...

agree its OUR fault...

SEARCH or GTFO :flipoff2:

·
nice roach.
5,739 Posts
I voted bacon... Im as guilty as anybody else with not reporting useless posts... no need for a newb forum if the people that are always in there (myself included) police the forum a little bit and let the mods know about the fluff and bullshat.

my two pennies.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
i also voted bacon. and i am not going to pretend that it isn't fun to flame and or watch newbs get flamed. gives me something to do on tuesdays.

in all honesty, is it too much work for crash to delete the really bad ones? (not being sarcastic), i am honestly curious. it seems like only 5 or 6 threads really need axed. otherwise some of the newb stuff is actually entertaining. besides one good flaming is usually all it takes for the the average newb to figure out the rules.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
I would rather start reporting threads more.

Wasn't there a Toyota newb forum before and it didn't work?
no, never had
we need it
then they have no excuss for not posting in toy noob specific section;)

anyway to limit there posting to 30 days after sign up?:D

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
i also voted bacon. and i am not going to pretend that it isn't fun to flame and or watch newbs get flamed. gives me something to do on tuesdays.

in all honesty, is it too much work for crash to delete the really bad ones? (not being sarcastic), i am honestly curious. it seems like only 5 or 6 threads really need axed. otherwise some of the newb stuff is actually entertaining. besides one good flaming is usually all it takes for the the average newb to figure out the rules.:flipoff2:
he isn't a mod.........don't see his name at botton of screen
how long you been here?:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
I think that it has now pretty much been brought to the table (obviously).

With that said...will reporting all the ridiculous threads overwhelm the mods? I will actively start reporting more threads, but at what expense to the mental health of the mods?

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
no, never had
we need it
then they have no excuss for not posting in toy noob specific section;)

anyway to limit there posting to 30 days after sign up?:D
yeah but there is already yotatech, among others... Why make a duplicate here? I guess that might bring more of them here even if not hardcore tech and bring more exposure to ads, etc?

I thought there was a whole debate a long time ago about the newb forum not working because they came to the regular forums anyway because no one in there could answer their questions. Maybe it was about the current gen newb forum - can't remember, it was quite a while ago...

·
Change is good.
35,183 Posts
I've said it many times before, flaming has its place. But the problem is there are some dipshits (dirtchicken is the one that comes to mind right now), that just jump into any thread and throw out lame insults. Flaming has to be a progressive action except in extreme cases. Telling someone to search is fine, but it's better to tell them to search "xyz" and then delete their thread. The database is all fucked up because of noobs, (mostly), starting threads when they could have brought back up an existing thread to add an additional post if their question was not answered by the existing thread. It's up to the old timers to keep this up, and the noobs will follow...or they walk the plank, like eightyfive, gnarls or any of the many others.

PBB is like walking up to my campfire. If you've got a bottle in hand, or a valid question for us then pull up a chair. If you come in on your pitbike and are kicking up dust and being a PITA, you're going into the fire.

No newb forum.

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
I say no and I will continue to be myself and report posts...

·
Premium Member
2,556 Posts
sure i will get flamed for this. but i voted no also. why not just step up and help people? instead of giving fingers and telling people to die lol.
i know i will answer threads even if its been posted before. even if their is a old thread about the subject, why not post up a link to it? since n00bs cant search worth a shit, help them out.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Reporting newbie threads is something I will not do, I only report spam threads if they are not obvious spam from a mile away.

I am a admin on a scale4x4rc, and I get annoyed by all the thread report emails at times. I've been tempted to ban one member for reporting every little thing he sees. Maybe it wouldn't bother me so much, if it didn't go to my cell phone :)

I think a Toyota specific newbie forum is needed. I know I wouldn't want to post a toyota question in the general newbie area, who goes in there? I would check a toyota newbie section every now and then though.

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Reporting newbie threads is something I will not do, I only report spam threads if they are not obvious spam from a mile away.

I am a admin on a scale4x4rc, and I get annoyed by all the thread report emails at times. I've been tempted to ban one member for reporting every little thing he sees. Maybe it wouldn't bother me so much, if it didn't go to my cell phone :)

I think a Toyota specific newbie forum is needed. I know I wouldn't want to post a toyota question in the general newbie area, who goes in there? I would check a toyota newbie section every now and then though.
The Rc sites are definately getting the same way---hell RCC is getting bad. I asked for them to release my vengence apon noobs but was denied :laughing:

·
Debauchery Wizard
9,852 Posts
Instead of making a toyota newb forum, why not work it like the heep guys and create a TOYOTA HARDCORE forum, so all the hardcore guys will have their own little world to play in? That way there will be no excuse for why they shouldn't get flamed.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Instead of making a toyota newb forum, why not work it like the heep guys and create a TOYOTA HARDCORE forum, so all the hardcore guys will have their own little world to play in? That way there will be no excuse for why they shouldn't get flamed.
isn't that what the whole site is supposed to be:confused:

1 - 20 of 249 Posts