Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 532 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
A couple pics of mine. Mine is nowhere near as pretty as the rest of yours, but I wheel mine hard. One pics is just me posing on the edge of the forklift but I had 32" of air under the rear tire.

Here's the spec's

'80 Terra
392 .30 over comp rv cam and valve springs
76 1/2 F250 knuckles out on Scout 44 tube w/ hi steer (thanks Casey)
Moser short side/Yukon long side stock stubs OX joints
IH D60 FF rear narrowed to Scout width w/ Moser axles
4.88's detroits f/r
T-19 wide D20
Granite Motorsports roll cage
5 points w/ Corbeau baja's
35" Geolanders (soon to be 36" Iroks)

To-do list:
Lower gears possibly dual transfer cases but at least Jack Obrien 3.6:1
Different outers- tired of oddball brakes and axle shafts
sidearm lockbox
possibly bob the rear
hydro assist
rear shocks :shaking:

Maybe someday I'll post some good pics of wheelin' instead of my poser crap.

KZ

Attachments

·
Registurd Abuser
2,726 Posts
LT1scout

not on dial up....dont know why they are so friggin huge. did not mean it to be that way. :laughing:

·
D-FENS
2,387 Posts
[QUOTE='71 800B]not on dial up....dont know why they are so friggin huge. did not mean it to be that way. :laughing:[/QUOTE]

because they're 1200x1600. google for a program called irfanview. its free and easy to use. once installed go to image, then resize/resample, make it 600x___ or so. then it wont fook up the whole thread.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
Guys those are great! :smokin: So we really do have quite a few builders and wheelers here. :grinpimp:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Right-Side Driver

My 74 right hand drive half cab. Used to be a mosquito abatement truck for the county. AMC 258, 727, Dana 300 with Terra Low 4:1 kit, 44's 4:88s, Reverse Shackle, 4 inch superlift, and 3 inch body, and 33x12.5's, hopefully will be SOA'ed in the spring.
Before

Now

·
Registered
137 Posts
I dont normally post here just a lurker. But since everyone else is showing off their projects, what the heck. This a 79 I have been working on for a while. I wheeled it for a two years with a body and decided it needed to go on a diet. The specs are as follows

196 4cyl. with a custom fi kit
T-19 wide & dana 20 ( soon to have a low gear set )
D44's locked with 5.13's
spring over front
4-link rear with fox air shox
38" tsls on eagle 589's
HS 9500 warn
too many little parts to list and left to purchase.....

·
no strings on me
4,121 Posts
Here is a "recent" pic. No real changes since here....well I do have wheels now with more backspacing now so they bling more. Tires are MT/R 37's... :flipoff2:

Here are some older pics....nothing new here.

SII here has 35" Gumbos

This one is a very recent pic....

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
bchesley said:
I dont normally post here just a lurker. But since everyone else is showing off their projects, what the heck. This a 79 I have been working on for a while. I wheeled it for a two years with a body and decided it needed to go on a diet. The specs are as follows

196 4cyl. with a custom fi kit
T-19 wide & dana 20 ( soon to have a low gear set )
D44's locked with 5.13's
spring over front
4-link rear with fox air shox
38" tsls on eagle 589's
HS 9500 warn
too many little parts to list and left to purchase.....

Sick truck.. where at in texas?

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
Where would I start??!! :D

My latest acquisition.. my mall-wheeler..

I can barely lay claim to it with a straight face, since I bought it the way it is. Hopefully it'll stay that way, too - that is, straight, relatively shiny, mostly one color, and fairly comfortable to drive. :D

304/727/D20, 3.73 D30/44, drums all around ( :flipoff2: ), ps, pb, 4" Triangles, 33x10.50 BFG ATs (now you KNOW it's a mall-wheeler).

Extra options include doors that open and close easily, windows that roll up and down easily, tailgate that opens, liftgate that shuts, a hardtop, seats that are not shot, the body doesn't thump against the frame while driving my dirt driveway, the tires are round - ALL OF THE TIME, not just after the first two miles - fuel mileage is in the double digits, the heater puts out enough heat to more than make up for any minor drafts..

... doesn't require the proper handshake to start, tailights don't blow fuses regularly, turn signals work, *BACKUP LIGHTS* work..

I really don't know what to do with myself... :D

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
My trail rig, "Tigger".. came to me as a stock '77, with a 196-4cyl, 3spd, 4.09 gears, fresh Trashlok in the rear, and 235/75-15s.

Today:

Built 345(350), wide T19, OBA, hand throttle, PS, PB, 4.09 D44s, Lockrights front & rear, 4" Skyjackers up front, SOA rear, 36x12.50 TSLs, no body mounts, tailgate smashed in so it won't open, hardtop won't fit on it, rear ragtop window broke when I hit it w/ a toolbox last winter at -20F, doors don't close (and if they do, they don't like to re-open).. NOT ONE STRAIGHT PANEL on the whole frigging thing.

Tires flat-spot.. rear tires self-air-down between runs.. just a lot of work to drive, but a lot of fun on the trail. :D

·
Premium Member
7,667 Posts
tsm1mt said:
Where would I start??!! :D

My latest acquisition.. my mall-wheeler..

Judging by the grille, that would be a '73, right?

tsm1mt said:
I really don't know what to do with myself... :D
I do.... you sell it to me. I already have the '80 D44 front end for it. I just love the '73/'74 grilles.... my personal favorite. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
Yet another pile I own..

I started with this:

and this:

..and wound up with this..

Full 'cage, solid body mounts, dented (pre-rolled before I got it), tilt front clip, SOA/RS full width trussed Chevy/Ford front end, T'all rear, 4.88s, 31x15.50 Terras. John Comer/Gryphin Racing built 304 and 727. 10.25:1 CR, lightened, balanced, ported, blah blah and full manual w/ high-stall converter.

It needs a fresh coat of flat-black again..

M4x4A #576

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
Mechanos said:
Judging by the grille, that would be a '73, right?
Yep. I think it IS missing some plastic chrome decorations on it.. I've seen so many '73s w/o it, that I almost forgot they had an extra "grille insert"/covering until DVV reminded me yesterday.

Then again, the speedo is from a later model (80mph w/ "arrows" on the sides, not the correct 120 w/ the full sides lighting up), I know the p/s and p/b were swapped in..

..but yes, it IS a 1973.. mostly.. :D

I do.... you sell it to me. I already have the '80 D44 front end for it. I just love the '73/'74 grilles.... my personal favorite. :flipoff2:
I'd actually like to find a similar condition SD33T, stock height, to use for a driver..

The '73's most extensive body rot is a few pinholes in the outer driver's rocker, and surface rust on the passenger floor. Body mounts are in great shape, rockers (other than the pin holes) are solid, mid mount solid, rear wheel arch is good.. only real body damage is the driver's end-cap is smashed in.. got the quarter just a little, and the edge of the tailgate, but killed a Nissan pickup. :D

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
Just wait, there's more..

I'll spare pictures of the '72 4x4 Travelall..

The next project-4x4 for build-up..

My tow-rig.

Once a few minor upgrades (tunes!) happen to the '73, and a little tune-up on the race rig, next in line is the tow-rig.

It already has a built 392 (406) and a T-35 5spd. The IFS A-arm from suspension is getting tossed, and a '75 Dodge D600 Dana 60 goes under with leaf springs, the NP205 gets hung, and the rear blocked to match height.

A 32-33gallon '78 Bronco fuel tank goes behind the rear axle, along with the dual 15gal fender fill tanks up front, so the thirsty 392 might get me 350 miles between $120 fuel stops.

Gotta get the A/C operational again, too, or my wife may make good on her threat to fly to RMIHR instead of riding down with me. :D

Taurus electric fan, OBA, PTO (but nothing to power yet), decent stereo..

Fun truck to drive, loaded or empty, though I have a hard time keeping the rear tires hooked up w/o some tongue weight. :D

I also have a new front clip, and hope to try my hand at fogging on some paint this year..

·
Registered
137 Posts
I am in Tyler, about 90 miles east of Dallas. I should have some more pictures later this week. That one is old. I have finished more fab work and shock mounts.

Brad

21 - 40 of 532 Posts