14,282 Posts
Here's mine last summer:

And last weekend:

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
Harvester of Sorrow said:
Ohhh did I mention that I miss it? :shaking:
Who ever ended up with it? I have noticed some used on the BB with HoS listed in his sig, could that be the current owner??

·
Premium Member
8,778 Posts
Diesel Smoke said:
Who ever ended up with it? I have noticed some used on the BB with HoS listed in his sig, could that be the current owner??
David Bauer up in Custer, WA bought it...He has just recently moved to Colorado for the same reasons I sold it...(relationship).

It is for sale on the BinderBulletin.org website now and is located with him in Colorado.

I AM SHOPPING FOR AN IH....

·
Registered
14,282 Posts
David Bauer up in Custer, WA bought it...He has just recently moved to Colorado for the same reasons I sold it...(relationship).

It is for sale on the BinderBulletin.org website now and is located with him in Colorado.

I AM SHOPPING FOR AN IH....
Why not buy it back?

·
Premium Member
8,778 Posts
Sully said:
Why not buy it back?
I am looking for a fresh start...that truck was/is ultra reliable, BUT I am looking for something different.

Plus he is in CO now. Don't get me wrong...it is tempting...but...something new for new beginnings. :)

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I am looking for a fresh start...that truck was/is ultra reliable, BUT I am looking for something different.

Plus he is in CO now. Don't get me wrong...it is tempting...but...something new for new beginnings. :)
Dont know where you are but a buddy of mine has a 74 SII for sale w/ 345 4b edlebrock that runs strong... He has worked as a mechanic for AAA for 15 yrs $1500.
I could snap a shot if you like??? Oh all stock but the new 9500 warn for $800 more.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Hooper said:
I am having a heck of a time keeping up with the Joneses... but I sure enjoyed driving it to work today ;)

:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: I know what you mean Hooper. I really miss those days I could just jump in and drive mine to the store! I am in the process however, of building another '76 right-hand-drive Super Scout II very similar to yours. Spring-over, 4" lift springs and 35's. Going to build it as a Superlift "promo" vehicle. I'll keep ya posted. Oh yeah, how about some updated pics to my page? I can send ya some. I hope I get some votes for "Top Truck" as well--#38 entry in the April issue!

Everybodys favorite inbetween meal snack,

Sean Lipscomb

·
Registered
297 Posts
thoes are some really sweet rigs ............I know ya'll have seen mine before but here are some more pics

I really like the way the tube buggy scouts turned out!!! some really nice stuff :) :)

345 v8 ,727 torqueflight tranny , dana 20 t-case with 3.15 low gears and twinsticked , dana 60 front with dana 70 35 spline outers 5.13 gears and a detroit locker , 14 bolt rear with 5.13 gears and a detroit locker , custom 10.5 inch coil spring suspension front and rear , 2" body lift , custom offset 15x12 bart beadlocks , 38.5/15/15 boggers , warn upright 8 model 8274 up front and a warn xd9000 in the rear , future mods will include a 440 chrysler BB , a creeper box by mr.scout , and some 42" super swampers

·
Registered
952 Posts
Brandon said:
hey, what happened to the blue Scout??

oops... we both had a file named "after.jpg" sorry bout that. im learning to port...

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Real good lookin Scout SlyDog. Wish I had of caught up with you when I was out west! Perhaps I will be back soon enough. Maybe I'll see you on the trails somewhere.

Sean

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
Here's a shot of my rig in its current (broken) state. I took this pic a couple of months ago, and haven't done anything since.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Here's two more pics I found on Dan Dibbles page of me when I first rolled it off the trailer after the new cage and paint jub last year:

Capt. Sean Lipscomb
RMS Titanic

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
New 78 SSII

Instead of cluttering up the board with my own thread, I'll add to this one! My new Baby!

I sold my 79 and while I was at Mike Ismail's place in Lancaster (IHONLY) he showed me this 78 SSII he had for sale. Made me a great deal and I took it! My 73 trail only rig will take a little longer now, but I've always wanted a SSII!

Specs:

78 SSII, 345, 2 barrell carb, MSD ignition, front roll cage, SUA dana 44's, 33" BFG's, reverse shackle.

I plan a SOA and 35's, a new cam and headers and that about it for this one as it will be my daily driver.

Many Thanks to Mike and Jeff Ismail of IH ONLY! These guys rock. The only source for my scout needs!

·
Registered
Scout/XJ/Toy all sold
2,200 Posts
19scout77 said:
Here's an updated after pic with new suspension and front d60. The after "after" picture.
Eric, we gotta hook up and wheel sometime. i need to take a trip about 5 blocks away from me to a guy that just mooved to my town thats got a lifted scout. hopefully he wheels and isnt a mall crawler :smokin:

did you ever make it to the pinelands for your maiden voyage?

i think triplediamond is having a work weekend on the 30th if you're interested on meeting up. i can get you the info if you want. it would be in PA like 3 hours from me. :cool2:

chris

101 - 120 of 532 Posts