Pirate 4x4 banner

181 - 200 of 772 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Just bought a big boy mill....Tree 2UVR. This was my first project. A set of special sockets to service the hubs on an old Lancia Fulvia that a buddy of mine is restoring.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts

I needed a second socket for my locking lug nuts on the trailer. It seems every time I need it it was in the wrong vehicle. Also just got a 3in1 and needed a project. :)

·
Registered
475 Posts
I had to build some fenders for a sand dragster and didn't have a brake. So I threw this one together. So far I have bent 12 gage x 24" with no problems. The widest bend is 44"

I made some 2",4",6",8" and 10" angles so I can brake boxes and stuff as well.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
I had to build some fenders for a sand dragster and didn't have a brake. So I threw this one together. So far I have bent 12 gage x 24" with no problems. The widest bend is 44"

I made some 2",4",6",8" and 10" angles so I can brake boxes and stuff as well.
I REALLY like that setup and I think I could put that together myself as well. Any chance you could take some more detailed pics of it? Particularly of the hinge setup? Any possibility you might be able to throw a small piece of metal in there just to show me how it starts out when performing a bend? For some reason I can't quite grasp the full operation of it:homer: Thanks if you're willing to do it:D

·
Registered
386 Posts
I REALLY like that setup and I think I could put that together myself as well. Any chance you could take some more detailed pics of it? Particularly of the hinge setup? Any possibility you might be able to throw a small piece of metal in there just to show me how it starts out when performing a bend? For some reason I can't quite grasp the full operation of it:homer: Thanks if you're willing to do it:D
X2, great setup and I'd like to see some other pics as well...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks! It was an order and not available...I need to get some good pics before the new owner picks it up.

Ritter4.0, Grinding a knife from a leaf spring is a good start, you'll learn a lot. My first knife was a Caterpillar head bolt I heated with a rosebud and hammered it into a blade...well...sort of...:homer:

I'm a full-time knifemaker, have been for about 10 years, I was a heavy equipment field mechanic until a back injury ended that career.

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
Thanks! It was an order and not available...I need to get some good pics before the new owner picks it up.

Ritter4.0, Grinding a knife from a leaf spring is a good start, you'll learn a lot. My first knife was a Caterpillar head bolt I heated with a rosebud and hammered it into a blade...well...sort of...:homer:

I'm a full-time knifemaker, have been for about 10 years, I was a heavy equipment field mechanic until a back injury ended that career.
about what does that run?:confused:

·
Premium Member
17,819 Posts
zag posts and I can't be the only one reverting to the 2nd grade hopping up and down while yelling not fair:laughing:

181 - 200 of 772 Posts