Pirate 4x4 banner

281 - 300 of 772 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thanks.

It works and has a jib crane with a 1000lbs hoist. Need to fix the hoist though. It was retraced too far and now it won't work.

·
Registered
190 Posts
It is 5 foot wide. It will bend up to 5/8th steel in small sections.
It will bend 1/4 at about 4ft wide. It will flex at that point. Need to rebuild under the die. It is about 5 years old and was built before I built the plasma table. It was built with a torch, bandsaw, and welder. It would look cooler if i rebuilt it. Also, I want to put a back gauge

I have 3 bosses to bolt dies to the knife and a few handmade bottom dies for different thickness metals. There is a 6ft long roller bed on the other side.

·
Premium Member
9,331 Posts
Started with some round stock:

Chuck them back up and hit them with some sand paper to smooth out the turning marks, they will work better and last longer (not pick up as much while in use)

·
Premium Member
17,895 Posts
Or use a higher carbon material like 4140. It will not "tear" as much, and it is heat treat-able.

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
I made a neat little tool out of an old roller fairlead to be able to bend saddle gussets.

works pretty pimp for some random shit in the garage. it juuuuuuuust slightly under bends it but I don't mind. I will be clamping them in place to weld anyway.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Is that a roller fairlead (hard to tell from picture) ? If so that would cut down on friction when bending, simple but effective.

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
Is that a roller fairlead (hard to tell from picture) ? If so that would cut down on friction when bending, simple but effective.
yes, it says so right above the picture :flipoff2: it does make life suck less and don't have to grease the fuck out of it.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Here are a couple of shop stools I have made for the South Korean facility. The older one I made nearly 2 years ago out of carbon steel spectacle flanges. The other I made a couple months ago out of stainless steel spectacle flanges. The new one has a larger base on. Both have a seat made out of packing foam covered in high temp glass tape. We needed something that would hold up to rolling around a rough concrete floor while welding and carbon arcing nearly 90 feet of weld out of our vessels. They each have 5 steel swivel castors. The steel one has 3" wheels while the stainless one got 4" versions. Adjustable seat height of course.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 TJ, tons, 6.0, NV4500, Atlas 5-1 on 41.5’s
269 Posts
my favorite home made tool

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
Here are a couple of shop stools I have made for the South Korean facility. The older one I made nearly 2 years ago out of carbon steel spectacle flanges. The other I made a couple months ago out of stainless steel spectacle flanges. The new one has a larger base on. Both have a seat made out of packing foam covered in high temp glass tape. We needed something that would hold up to rolling around a rough concrete floor while welding and carbon arcing nearly 90 feet of weld out of our vessels. They each have 5 steel swivel castors. The steel one has 3" wheels while the stainless one got 4" versions. Adjustable seat height of course.
Arcing out 90' of Weld??? :eek: WTF for?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I build base station 2.8 MW hydrogen fuel cell power plants. When there is something wrong internally with the module it's self or its at the end of it's useful life we cut the top portion of the vessel to access the actual fuel cell stacks. Some may get rebuild, others replaced, updates installed, modifications, etc. The vessels can be re-used several times. Once the new components are installed into the base I weld the lid back down. It takes me about 4.5-5 hours to carbon arc the 90 feet of weld.

Attachments

281 - 300 of 772 Posts