Pirate 4x4 banner

361 - 380 of 772 Posts

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
I have to take the bottom ends off my coilovers this weekend and I don't have soft jaws for my vice.....took a piece of plastic cutting board I had left over from another project and cut some appropriately sized chunks out of it. It was the kind with the juice drain channels which are perfect for cradling the shock shaft.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Here's a few things I've crafted recently:

Fairly run-a-da-mill semi truck brake drum stand for a grinder/vice but for a tall person.

Needs to be drilled with patterns still.
image-18.jpg

Goliath tube bender stand for hydraulic jd2 style bender, also somewhat tall

image-15.jpg

image-16.jpg

image-21.jpg

A wagon/cart I made for junk yards/swap meets/shop duty. Has a jeep unit bearing for a pivot a removable handle and a functioning tailgate. Proven to be extremely handy.
photo 1-2.jpg

All made from mostly salvaged materials and remnants

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
bttt with a pneumatic fluid pump, inspired by ideas from here. Mated a hand pump pressurized epoxy lined steel flask with a HF blow gun. Deleted the hand pump and made it into a simple cap/handle. Works awesome!

image-23.jpg

image-22.jpg

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Building a trailer and had to cut holes for torsion bars so made a simple template to cut the holes. Not so tecky but save a bunch of time.

2013-11-24 09.54.23.jpg

2013-11-24 10.05.13.jpg

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Love it how do you stop the flow when what ever your filling is full?
just release the trigger for now. If pressure builds during long fills with heavy oil I may have to put some sort of relief button on it.

edit: and it does. works with a little practice but needs a relief button and maybe it's own regulator. beats the hell out of the parts store gallon jug pumps, it will empty itself of 75-140 in less than 30 seconds.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
another.

not so much hand made but, re-purposed.

parts washer.
DSCF5013-1.jpg

image-28.jpg

1129131956a.jpg

1129131957.jpg

made from:

free cabinet
salvaged casters
moms old kitchen sink
xj fuel pump
battery
wire/switch
5 gal. bucket
old radiator hose
old spray paint
some other random shit

has a wand and a flow-thru brush.

pressure could be better but it works. needs a filter a cover, and some solvent.

cost=$0:grinpimp:

·
Registered
376 Posts
I built a press for making kydex holsters and sheaths.
1/4" plate constuction, 1" ram with tapered wheel bearing on the end.
Extremely smooth operation.

That thing looks awesome...I really need to make one of those. What kind of foam are you using?

·
Registered
316 Posts
made thease crimp/swage blocks for my press.
i did something like this i did reuse an old flaring tool (i did get a neew one nicer)

and use the old one to crimp what i need

·
Registered
11,202 Posts
Careful with the RPM's grinding disks a rated for a much slower speed.
Just at their full diameter. use up some and then the outside edge ain't travelling as fast.

Same reason when you get a 9" disc down to around 7" it works slow as shit until you take it off the 6000RPM 9" grinder and put it on the 8000 RPM 7"er, and so on with the 4.5"

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
^nice puller.

Needed a faster and easier way to make the vice appear/dissapear on demand.

don't know if it's a new idea but my shopmate suggested it and I pieced it together.

image-47.jpg

image-46.jpg

image-44.jpg

image-49.jpg

361 - 380 of 772 Posts