Pirate 4x4 banner

481 - 500 of 772 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
PAToyota:28963313 said:

WTF mufflers do you have on that thing?

I do want to do something like that (the crane, not the mufflers) on my K2500.
Factory camaro ss mufflers. I bought them for 40 bucks hoping they were quiet but I was dead wrong! Loved them ever since, loud at WOT, quiet when you want it. Everyone thinks they are gas cans?

The crane is sweet. But I wish I had air and air bags for heavier items. Still gets er done

·
Registered
14,457 Posts
Looks like the mufflers would get ripped off pretty easy off-road.

I’m thinking of a stabilizer foot that drops down to take up weight.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'm sure they would but this yota doesn't see anything but pavement. Pretty much my recovery vehicle. Picking up a metal lathe tomorrow!

I've considered the support leg but so many times I need to move around with a load. So I can't justify mounting a permanent one, but a jack or couple blocks work fine when I need it.

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Were the mufflers heavy? I seem to recall reading many of the Camaro owners do exhaust pretty quick as a weight reduction mod.

·
Registered
545 Posts
LeadfootCJ7:28975641 said:
Were the mufflers heavy? I seem to recall reading many of the Camaro owners do exhaust pretty quick as a weight reduction mod.
Makes for nice traction though! With all the extra metal the weight split is almost 50/50. 4000 lb yota with the 33s on

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Oil drain pan for my freightliner. Easily holds ten gallons.

·
Registered
545 Posts
plym49:28979057 said:
Best one I've made yet
Damn, that looks scary. Maybe add a removable top truss? Round pipe looks ready to catastrophically kink.
Eh that round pipe bent a couple years ago. It's held at least 1000lbs several times since. I do mean to replace it with square just haven't yet lol.

·
Registered
357 Posts
bad crank sensor sheared off flush in one of my beater trucks when trying to remove it, screwed a wood screw into what was left of the sensor and gibbled up this bad boy to pull it out

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
9,000 lb winch on the back of my wheeling rig may as well use it. The boom takes about 10 mins to put on way faster than calling 4 friends LOL.

2015-01-19 13.07.18.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,744 Posts
Built a split stand for tractors... Have a Hydro 100 that needs an engine rebuild. Have wanted to build one to do clutches and torque amplifiers for a while...

It will adjust sideways for the width of the tractor frame. And slide up and down to adjust the height. A 6 ton bottle jack goes between the two "crossmembers" to hold it to the correct height once installed. That way you can unbolt the tractor in the middle, and roll the front half forwards so you can work on it.

Got it installed and while cranking on the front jack it started jacking the front tires up off the ground. Oughta work fine! After paint...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Built a split stand for tractors... Have a Hydro 100 that needs an engine rebuild. Have wanted to build one to do clutches and torque amplifiers for a while...

It will adjust sideways for the width of the tractor frame. And slide up and down to adjust the height. A 6 ton bottle jack goes between the two "crossmembers" to hold it to the correct height once installed. That way you can unbolt the tractor in the middle, and roll the front half forwards so you can work on it.

This will come in handy. Looking like we're going to have to do the clutch on an old Ford backhoe at some point this year. This will make it much easier, considering the last time we did something like this we used 2 floor jacks. :shaking:

·
Premium Member
8,744 Posts
This will come in handy. Looking like we're going to have to do the clutch on an old Ford backhoe at some point this year. This will make it much easier, considering the last time we did something like this we used 2 floor jacks. :shaking:
Yeah if you are going to be working on much equipment you're going to need a split stand of some sort. I don't know how we have gotten by without one for so long...

It works too! :D

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I had some 14 bolt problems and couldn't find a spanner wrench for the carier bearing preload spanners, so I made one. Pretty crude but gets the job done. That split stand is an awesome idea, I'm going to steal that one.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,744 Posts
Made something similar to a deck-wrecker that someone on here talked about for tearing pallets apart for some pinteresty shit my sister wanted pallet wood for... One side will fit over a single 2x4 and the other side will fit over a double width 2x4 or 4x4.

Built this tonight to drive cylinder liners out of a DT436. Should work well for putting the liners back in too...

Can you spot the liner that is not like the others? :laughing:

·
Gravity Works!
30,943 Posts
I'm sure they would but this yota doesn't see anything but pavement. Pretty much my recovery vehicle. Picking up a metal lathe tomorrow!

I've considered the support leg but so many times I need to move around with a load. So I can't justify mounting a permanent one, but a jack or couple blocks work fine when I need it.
You should mount a couple receiver hitch mounts on your rig in different places. Then get a HD trailer tongue screw jack and fab a male receiver hitch mount on it. Slide it in on what ever side of the rig you're lifting from and screw it down to the ground to stabilize. Unpin and store when done.

481 - 500 of 772 Posts