Pirate 4x4 banner

721 - 740 of 772 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
All set yager, just deleted our links to your builds. I did keep some bookmarks to your stuff in my personal bookmarks folder; I have an autobody cart on my project list, and yours is a good example.

I agree that there are plenty of sites who are re-publishing stuff without correct links or credit. It's not by accident; they're doing it willfully and maliciously, to make money off of your hard work. If you don't act aggressively against them, you're their bitch. It sucks that we sometimes get lumped in with them, but if you can't take a few punches, whether you deserve them or not, you don't belong in forums.

·
Registered
14,847 Posts
made this out of a old battery tray and a chiense socket

for a chevy aveo, you need to spin the entire waterpump for the timing belt adjustment. actually a pretty easy timing belt once i figured out how to do it. needless to say no one had a 46mm (or whatever size it was) crows foot laying around

·
Registered
5,946 Posts
Why would I want to conceal anything? I'm being completely honest and transparent, and I have nothing to hide.

You're not trying to do me a "solid" anything. You're trying to bully me by typing profanities at me on the internet, and it's not working.
I agree with him that you should probably register with a proxy.

Otherwise, I like the concept of your site. Bunch of stuff there that I never would have found otherwise.

·
Premium Member
9,334 Posts
made this out of a old battery tray and a chiense socket

for a chevy aveo, you need to spin the entire waterpump for the timing belt adjustment. actually a pretty easy timing belt once i figured out how to do it. needless to say no one had a 46mm (or whatever size it was) crows foot laying around
Nice, I have made a few similar over the years, just enough to work.

Recently modified a 7/8th 12 pt bc my O2 sensor socket would not do what I needed it to.

Custom offset, flare wrench- sure got just the thing, just need my torch and cut off wheel.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Ghetto heated parts washer

$7 in brass fittings cause weirdo. Everything else was scrounged up.

Furniture dolly
Junk car battery
35g drum
04 sploder fool pump that stopped working once. Sits 6" off the bottom
Relay switch and wiring
Coffeemaker heating element with switch cord and t stat
Half a fuel tank
Big rig taillight bezel center holesawed out
Honda Civic steering rack boot
Sweatpant legs as dirt trap
Magnets
4.6 oil filter housing
Hose and clamps
Bendy nozzle thingy is from a bendy lamp

I check the voltage every few days but haven't needed to charge the battery more than once a week.

Solvent is kerosene cause cheepass.

i want to upload my photo

·
Registered
516 Posts
Hey, if it works, it doesn't matter if it's made out of pine cones and shoe strings.
It's all Legos man, works the same when you build with pcs from random kits vs the specific set. If I wanted a lil more flair all I have to do is get dueling to whip up a badass cabinet and lid. :grinpimp:

I should move the filter inside the drum. Would clean that up and drips & spills during changes wouldn't matter.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Electric Horse

I hate small engines, unless they're driving 2 or 4 wheeled death machines.

So anyway, it once tilled a garden now it pulls junk that doesn't move.
Plan to add an accessory drive so it can do other things. Switching to a 3.8hp DC motor from the 2.5hp 3ph someday.

how to upload image on internet

·
Registered
11,141 Posts
those troy bilt's are ridiculous money, my grandpa's one's got a kohler on it that idles at about a hundred rpm, sounds real neat. All it gets is the (externally mounted!) points filed once a year, starts on the second pull...

strap a tire on the front and it'll push, too,
angle it so it lifts the car some and it gets you all the tractions

·
Registered
516 Posts
Planned to add a caster wheel to bolt in place of the tine drive. 150lbs of lead and a central pull point. But will give the push idea a try. :idea:

2500 new but the new models made by MTD are garbage. See classics on cl for 600 in decent condition.

·
Registered
887 Posts
ogre has been a member of john's homemadetools site for as long as i have here
it's another useful tool site like this one (i only post in the tools and electrical threads)
linking to other sites is what the internet is about, don't want your stuff linked, don't post on the internet

721 - 740 of 772 Posts