Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 772 Posts

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
What, are you gonna pull up every thread related to presses or home built tools and link your post??? Dumb ass!!!! :flipoff:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Homemade notcher base for my drillpress. No clamping or whatnot, easy to pop the table, slide it in, ready to go.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
my first dimple die. this is a 1" and i will be making more sizes soon. it is just made from mild steel and finished with black oxide. i will make the rest of them from a harder material, just not sure exactly what yet.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
my first dimple die. this is a 1" and i will be making more sizes soon. it is just made from mild steel and finished with black oxide. i will make the rest of them from a harder material, just not sure exactly what yet.

Nice. What is the tolerances between the dies? Just the thickness of the thickest material you want to dimple?

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Nice. What is the tolerances between the dies? Just the thickness of the thickest material you want to dimple?

the angle portion on the dies are cut at a 45* and .250 deep on both halves. the mandrel portion is .990 on the male and 1.005 on the female. i probably could have made this a tighter fit but figured some play would be good.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Hey Sniper, wanna make me a couple for UmMMM, testing, ya know, to make sure ya have it all figured out right. I be po, and cant be fordin dimple dies an chit.

Looks real good.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Hey Sniper, wanna make me a couple for UmMMM, testing, ya know, to make sure ya have it all figured out right. I be po, and cant be fordin dimple dies an chit.

Looks real good.
seeing as i am just teaching myself how to run the lathe and probably have 6 hours into making that die, probably not:D

·
Registered
7,727 Posts
I had to make this today so I could remove the wiper arms off of the arm that goes to the wiper motor on my truck, so that I could remove the old motor for replacement. Basically, it's used just like a pickle fork.

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I had to make this today so I could remove the wiper arms off of the arm that goes to the wiper motor on my truck, so that I could remove the old motor for replacement. Basically, it's used just like a pickle fork.

sweet red x:flipoff2::laughing:

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Any chance you would have s drawing or solid model of those dies?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Don't have pics of many, but here are the obtuse.

Vice stand. Ol' semi brake drum, pipe my buddy's dog got his head stuck in, and some plate.

One I use a ton, a punch I won't smash my fingers with.

One from this week. Nobody around these parts has a 55mm wrench for my mogs, so I cut one out of 1/2" plate. Worked...with an 8' cheater pipe...:smokin:

And the coolant on the cold saw likes to fling on ya when cutting big stuff, so...:grinpimp:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
BTT, There is some good stuff in here, Lets keep it going.

61 - 80 of 772 Posts