Pirate 4x4 banner

141 - 160 of 772 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
I dont care how rusty it is, that's the first thing im doing tomorrow morning.
Man I'll be glad when they come out with cordless welder's, plasma, and air tools.:D

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
i needed a way to more accuratly measure my lathe's tailstock travel so i came up with this.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
how long was that ground clamp on the bottom of the ocean?
I don't get it. It's a cheapo copper clamp, not rusty steel. All the crap on it is from me getting rid of excess stickout, so it kind of buildsup. Does kind of look like barnacles though. Is there any benefit to upgrading to a better one?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I don't get it. It's a cheapo copper clamp, not rusty steel. All the crap on it is from me getting rid of excess stickout, so it kind of buildsup. Does kind of look like barnacles though. Is there any benefit to upgrading to a better one?
thought it was steel,my bad.

·
Registered
206 Posts

Heres my tube bender. It's made of 2x2 tube and 3/4" plate and a hf air ram. It uses jd2 model 3 dies and cost me about $150 plus dies of course!

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
Spend the money and get a better ground clamp. I melted one of those, replaced it and havent had a problem since.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
that turned out nice!
Thanks, I finally got a chance to use it for a project. It bent 1/4"x8" wide nicely.

Brian,

What did you use for a bottom die?
what diameter are your vertical rods
any bushings inside the DOM for your sliders?

the design in my head is almost exactly like what you built...including the table and back-gauge.
2 pieces of 1" cold rolled round bar
3/4" guide rods
3/8" "drill rod" for the back guage
no bushings, there is a little slop so it doesnt bind and the springs are able to push it back up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great tools guys!! Heres a shop air line dryer I made for my shop. I decided I needed an air dryer for my shop. I luv to build machines and tools so I thought why not build the air dryer I need. I thought about the action of removing moisture from air and decided that the best option was to condense the water out. Thought about using a little fridge to cool of a coil of air line and some how drain the water off the bottom of the coil with the help of gravity. I didnt like the idea of another appliance running sucking up power, I do enough of that with my oven. I then had the idea to use the fridge I was already running in my shop to cool our drinks, just had to make it so the fridge was still usable for this purpose. Heres what I came up with.

Ok, so this is an easy one I'm sure all of you can do. All that is needed is a refrigerator (this can be the one you currently put your beer in) and some piping or hose.

In the pics you see some pvc piping inside the fridge, this is cooled by the fridge. As the warm moist air enters the moister condenses in the cooled pipe. It is collect in the resivior at the bottom outside the fridge and the dry air goes to the shop. Simple as that.

If I had to do it over I would use metal for the piping for better efficiency. But as you can see from the last pic, it does work! The water you see was drain from the resivior after using the sandblaster for a couple hrs the first day the dryer was installed. I have been using this for a few months now, and have not had even a drop of water in my lines anywhere!!!! Even on the hottest most humid days, running the sandblaster nonstop. I have no complaints concerning the pvc.

As far as it being needed for the plasma, I now very rarely have any misfires and consumable life seems to have increased.

Jim

·
Registered
67 Posts
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn25/rigger777/CIMG0018.jpg

Heres my tube bender. It's made of 2x2 tube and 3/4" plate and a hf air ram. It uses jd2 model 3 dies and cost me about $150 plus dies of course!
Looks good! Do you have some more pictures of it and some measurements? Im in the process of building my own tube bend also

·
Premium Member
10,037 Posts
Looks good! Do you have some more pictures of it and some measurements? Im in the process of building my own tube bend also

There is an entire (long) thread in this section with probably 50 or so of the same style benders built.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The base is 2' x 3'. The arms are 3/4" plate with 1" pins. It is 2 1/2" wide between arms, and handles 2" dom. If you want to see or know anything specific let me know.

141 - 160 of 772 Posts