Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who knows the number of gears of Suzuki Sidekick Aisin 0372LE Auto?

Besides that, any shop where find parts for that tranny?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
I don't know about the sidekick auto, other than I drove my Sister's a few times.

It was a three speed. No overdrive.

It desperately needed an OD.

When I first read your post, I thought about the internal workings of an auto.

The GM autos I have done, and I think most others, don't have "gears" except in the tail shaft section.
(which I never fooled with).
The rest is a series of clutch packs, the valve body down below, and of course the torque converter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Probably depends which year it's from, as far as I know the 3 speed ones are all GM TH180's or 3L30 using GM's new nomenclature. It's pretty reassuring to know that you've got the Chevette tranny in there though.

If it makes you feel slightly redeemed, the 4L30E (4 speed electronic version of it) is used in the Cadillac Catera, BMW Z3 and Isuzu Rodeo's/Amigos.

I would really like to look at a 4L30E since the bellhousings are theoretically swappable. Theoretically since they've got valve body style passages machined into the back that are probably different if murphy's law holds true. Also the E at the end means it's tied into the engine CPU which presents its own set of problems, maybe someone makes or could make a standalone computer for them though, I know they exist for the bigger ones like the 4L60E, and I can't imagine the control circuitry would need to be very complex if it wasn't tied into engine data.

The Rodeo/Amigo output shaft from the T-Case is even on the right side so other than playing with the driveshaft length it wouldn't be too rough of a swap. If I could find one at a reasonable price to test this I'd be happy but they seem to go for about $1000 bucks everytime I've looked which is a bit expensive just to see if it might work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts