Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOT FINISHED, by any means, I have atleast another 500 pounds of steel to weld in, yet:rolleyes: . I got carried away, again, but atleast I won't be trashing radiators every time it flops like my last rig.
I have 4 more bars to do in the front, two on the sides where you see the gaps between the fenders and the grill, and two from the winch mount up to the hood support tube. There will also be a few more on the bottom and sides to support it all. Then there will be two on top, under the hood to provide some triangulation. Then all that's lleft is the battery tray, cut off switch, and cooler mounts. The fender in the pic was just preliminary-a guide to bend the tubing, the new fenders will flow with the tube work. A smart guy would have narrowed it all up a bit, but I like the body lines, so fawk it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
God damn it's sexy even tho you showed them to me on a hijacked tread :p :p

oh yah whats next

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, let's see....
rear discs
all brake plumbing
fuel line plumbing
re-do front wishbone
skidplate the rear wishbone
belly pan
re-do rear half of cage because I'm retarded and picky
build an air intake
AGR steering pump
WIRE ENGINE
beef up the rock sliders
"X" the main hoop
wire a full set of sweet Auto Meters
spare tire mount
figure out how to bleed all the steering crap and hydroboost brakes--yuk and yikes!
finish the rear fender wells where I cut them open
groove new SXs
some interior work

and finally....PAINT.
Then about 4 rollovers, 3 dozen flops, and rockrash is a given.

·
Registered
570 Posts
twistedmetal said:
A smart guy would have narrowed it all up a bit, but I like the body lines, so fawk it.
Its a fawkin zuk!! How narrow do you want it?? Looks good! I like the Idea of skins over the cage like that!:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,149 Posts
nice tube work, looks like a lot of effort and thought

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, I appreciate it! A Sidekcik/Tracker isn't as fortunate to be as skinny as a Sammi. Hell, it's actually only about 2" per side skinnier than my old Scout II! Atleast I'll still be accostomed to driving a fatty! I'm debating skinning the tubework as well and then painting it to match the scheme on the actual fenders, My "madmax" mode would be stealth! I could trash the fenders on Saturday and then Poof! Perfect on Sunday!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Looks Stupid . Shuold do yours like mine.

Just Kidding.
Pretty cool Codie Fuks ( what a last name. )

You guys are right about time and thought.
He spends the time to make his stuff look trick. I just want to see it wheel this year . :)

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
yo twisted what did you ever find for the rubber gromets aroud the tube

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Run a SEARCh in General, I think. I want to say I got them from Mcmaster-Carr or something like that. The ones I got were PERFECT, but they do require a rather large hole, like 2 7/8". I figure that leaves plenty of room for the tube to move and allows for some adjustment when building.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts