Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a google & searched here.....

It doesn't look like anybody does a kit.

Can that be so ?

If anybody knows anything else please post it up here.

If not its a DIY job.
Would appreciate pics & advice of others
Already did one on my SJ but this time round would rather buy to save the time & effort.

Thanks

Joe

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I did a bolt on deal, I'll have to find the brackets again...I think it ws spidertrax? I'll have to check. but I used ready made brackets, sammi rotors and sammi calipers. bolted together nice, just needed a proportioning valve and a 2lb valve thingie to get it working properly. I never got those 2 things, but they worked fine. I'll tyr and find a link for the brackets....

EDIT: It was from trail tough, but I can't find it on their site...maybe call em?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sidekick/Geo/Tracker/Vitara Bold-on Rear Disc Kit ?

Deadstock....
Thanks fo that. There are also a few pics her of a home grown conversion but ideally I'd like a bolt on kit from a supplier. Have someone do all the bracketry work for me.

Squanto
Cheers Geezer !!!!
I'll call Brent over at TT....
I did look on their site as well as Spidertrax, Rocky Road Outfitters & even Calmini.

Would like to use a Suzuki Baleno rear calliper in a kit.
If not will try & use then in my own DIY effort.

Joe

·
Registered
1 Posts
you guys have no idea how much that post excites me. i do have one question. does that conversion kit work on a 2000 chevy tracker 4x4? if so can you please link the necessary items for the conversion on it.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Reviving this thread as I'm about to bring my LJ160 into the US & all the kits I see only offer fitting the Sammi front calipers on the rear.
But
As both the Sidekick and Samurai have rear axle e-brakes I want to keep that feature.
SX4 rear calipers have rear disc e-brakes. There are loads used on eBay for about $50.00 each.
Why doesn't anyone make kits to use the SX4 caliper ?
I don't know what the difference in the bolt mountings between the Sammi and SX 4 calipers are but has anyone tried ?

I want the rear disc brake conversion with e-brake so as to fit a Rear DriveShaft Disconnect (so no t-case rear output e-brake) and also Cutting Brakes

Here's a pic of my Sidekick rear with the Baleno (not available in the US) calipers and the all important e/handbrake
With an ARB in the rear, a rear driveshaft disconnect and rear cutting/fiddle brakes I'm good for some tight dig/burn turns

·
Registered
1 Posts
you guys have no idea how much that post excites me. i do have one question. does that conversion kit work on a 2000 chevy tracker 4x4? if so can you please link the necessary items for the conversion on it.
Were you able to find a disc conversion kit for a tracker 2000 4x4?
I have a 1999 4x4 2-door and it would fit too in mine if you found the kit.
Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts