Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently cut the sidewall on my 49" irok about a 1/2" chunk by 3" long down to the first nylon cord. Is there any places to get it repaired other than bandag?.............( 2 years ago I took one of my old 53" michelin tires to bandag in sac once quoted me 60-80 for section repair went to pick it up and they wanted 187.50. Needless to say they have a half worn 53" tire with a section repair.)

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Lost
123 Posts
B&B Tire & Rubber in West Sacramento did a sidewall repair (38.5" TSL SX) for me a few years ago. Pretty schechy, no invoice, cash only, off-road only, come back in a week kinda thing. Wouldn't commit to it over the phone, just said bring it down and they would look at it. Wasn't more then $40, took a case of Bud Light when I picked it up.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Pretty sketchy? There are federal laws stating what can be "fixed" on a tire. Get a nail in the outside portion of tread on a tire - sorry no go. Did you put a plug in your tire to get it to the tire shop to properly repair it - sorry, no go again because you can't fix a fix. Lots of .gov bullshit involved. Sketchy is doing you a favor because it may be illegal. All that said, they did you a favor and you are now "outing" them for it. They helped you, please help them by deleting your post.

Edit: I have zero relation to the company listed - just don't want somebody that is helping our "community" shut down due to posts like this.

·
Lost
123 Posts
Pretty sketchy? There are federal laws stating what can be "fixed" on a tire. Get a nail in the outside portion of tread on a tire - sorry no go. Did you put a plug in your tire to get it to the tire shop to properly repair it - sorry, no go again because you can't fix a fix. Lots of .gov bullshit involved. Sketchy is doing you a favor because it may be illegal. All that said, they did you a favor and you are now "outing" them for it. They helped you, please help them by deleting your post.

Edit: I have zero relation to the company listed - just don't want somebody that is helping our "community" shut down due to posts like this.
Enjoying the typical overreacting pirate response. I'm not 'outing' anyone anymore then anyone else in this thread that recommended a shop. Guy asked where to get a tire fixed, gave him the place I had it done and the experience I had. Calm down. If you're not cool with leaving a $200+ but useless tire with someone without paperwork, go buy a new tire. Most would understand that the lack of a paper trail is a byproduct of the legality of the 'fix'.

·
Registered
212 Posts
From what I understand it is not illegal to fix side wall damage. It is just not legal to use them for street. When I had mine repaired they didn't even stamp them. They are already marked "not for highway use" from the factory

1 - 20 of 20 Posts