Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought nib today for $400. Anyone want a review?

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fine then. I'll take my toys and go home.

·
Registered
7,877 Posts
Give ya $450...:flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ran 200 rounds thru it. Overall, its great. However, there's a few things that I'm not crazy about.
1. Requires a provided allen wrench to field strip.
2. Plastic sights (but I get it).
3. Feed ramp has a slot down the center.
4. Fawking mag disconnect.
5.Too much crap in white text on the slide.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
More in s min... I'm pulling the mag disconnect.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok... removing the mag disconnect takes about a minute from start to finish. One of the things I'm really liking is that a lot of 1911 parts were used. Same type of mainspring housing, spring, hammer strut, hammer, sear spring, mag release, and grips so far.

Mag disconnect. Take a punch and a small hammer, remove the mainspring housing pin, and its obvious what needs to happen after that. Pull the arm and spring, replace housing and pin. So easy, even a diesel could do it.

All that arm does it lock you out of your beavertail.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bluesman2a:15198463 said:
Sounds exactly like the gsg1911 I picked up for $325
Cause it's the same gun rebadged for Sig.

Jet, check out GSG Pro for upgrades. As I heard they have a better set of sights in their pipeline. There's also a different follower for the mags to make them 15 rounders.
Nice!

So far, its accurate and has a 1911 heft to it. All we did today was shoot the 50 yard gong. It points and shoots as it should. I think I know where this one was purchased. If it was, its already had some tuning. The trigger has been adjusted for no overpull. Did I mention this was a purchase from an individual? Unless he cleaned it very thoroughly, its never been fired.

Anyway, the trigger breaks at what feels like 4lbs. Very little creep. All the safety features of a real 1911 are there. Locked n' cocked y'all.

I think I'm gonna put some really decent parts in this.

They give you all the basic tools you need for disassembling, plus your choice of front sight heights. I prefer the tallest one. On the 50 yard gong, there was no holdover. I'll put it to some paper later.

If I built it from the ground up, I'd do a few things differently, but overall... its a very decent pistol that has the potential for user customization.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
I've had my Sig 1911-22 for a year, and have yet to shoot it. The early guide rods are crap, and were redesigned I guess. They are waranteeable, at least they were. I broke mine before I ever shot it. I knew the rod was crap when I bought it, and planned on turning out a new SS one before shooting it. Now I have to! They say the replacement ones are better, but still break, so I didn't even bother with it.

One of these days I'll get around to turning one out.

To be clear, I am not upset about it breaking. I knew it would, and planned as such.

You might look into it. The stock rod is crap diecast and when they break, supposedly it takes the guide spring and barrel bushing downrange with it, requiring you to replace the barrel bushing. It would be a Super easy job to turn one out before that happens.

·
no strings on me
4,121 Posts
I just started modding my gsg 1911. Took the mag disconnect out and had to learn how to get the mainspring sear leg back in correctly. PITB.

Needs sights.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
I just saw on the GSG Pro site, they have Stainless/aluminum guide rods for $20, if you don't want to turn one out.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I think it's the Colt/Browning version that doesn't require that silly allen screw for takedown. I hardly ever see those or I'd have one. That screw kills it for me.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts