Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
16,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When the Forest Service receives comments from us, there are three categories that they place them in:

1 non-issue, 2 significant issue, and 3 non-significant issue.

Here is an example of how this works:

1. "I think your proposal is worthless."

This would be classified as a non-issue - it is a general statement and is not a specific comment
related to the proposal and its effects

2. The specific BRC proposal sent in during the scoping period

This was classified as a significant issue - specific comments regarding the
proposal, specific disagreements with the proposal, not yet decided by law,
regulation, or policy, etc.

3. "I support the BRC proposal and would like you to keep it an option"

This would be classified as non-significant - general support for another comment already provided - as mentioned many times, the Forest Service does not count votes

If you read the second chapter of the DEIS, this screening process of comments is explained. Please note, the term "non-significant" does not mean that the comment is simply thrown out and disregarded. It is a bureaucratic term, the Forest Service reads, reviews and considers all comments. So FLOOD them with as many comments as possible!

It is best to just comment on indiviual routes with reasons as to WHY the route should remain open.

·
Premium Member
5,990 Posts
It is best to just comment on indiviual routes with reasons as to WHY the route should remain open.
Thanks for the clarification Kurt. I've tried to make each of my comment letters as specific as possible just for this reason. Keep up the good work educating and motivating :smokin:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts