Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright im looking at a pari of detriots for my f-150. My question is how do they work on pavement, i havnt seen anything that seems to say they are deactivateable. I just whant to make shure i can opperate them as an open diff if i whant to.

·
Premium Member
8,609 Posts
You will nor be "deavacting" a detroit. Detroits are full time lockers they will ratchet around a corner but there is no turning them on and off. If you want have a full locker at the push of a button and a open diff when you want get an ARB.

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
If you want a locker that works like an open diff, and you barely even need a locker anyway, put in an arb and dont even hook up the lines.
Detroits are fine on the street. they are different than an open diff, but nothing bad.. lifted trucks dont drive as well anyway.. so it is just one more thing...

Better than a spool on road by a long shot.

Garrett

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright thats all i needed to know, thanks guys.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
actually i was leaning towards a detroit becouse they have a reputaition and ill be mud racing too. But as long as it will have some roadablity its good becouse this truck will never be a trailer queen.

·
Registered
7,884 Posts
In the read, it is almost always going to be engaged, unless you take turns really slow. Lots of screeching around corners if your giving it gas.

In the front, on he road, I dont know, cuz I've never driven with one on the road in 4wd

Detriot does have the electrac though... Thats deactivatable

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got a Detroit in the rear and a Tru-Trac in the front, and it drives on the road fine. I would recommend that setup for anybody that uses their truck as a daily driver.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts