Pirate 4x4 banner

181 - 200 of 311 Posts

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
I think it actually looks cool.
Haha yeah it’ll be a little unique and not take up much room. Kinda looks like it came off an old train or something but it’s a very well made piece. It’s pretty hefty. Will be a little different and save me a whole lot of money for now. For some reason the screw on caps with a barb and mount are hundreds of dollars?

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #182 (Edited)
This is the bulls hit old setup that the cell came with.

Here’s what I’ve come up with. This studded ring goes inside and sticks up, through a plate with a tube welded on it.

This solves the problem of not having threaded holes on the tank.

I’ve only got the filler mount bolted on, but I think it will work and I can make it permanent. It feels good and looks decent.

I wasn’t planning on having it up this high, but I think it should have a pretty good angle on it for flow, and so when it’s full, it doesn’t puke out a bunch before the nozzle shuts off.

It doesn’t look out of place to me.

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
This may be an overreaction, but are there any safety concerns having exposed terminals near potential fuel fumes/filling leaks?
CERTAIN DEATH. :cookie:

I’m actually looking to cover the battery with a plastic box of some sort, to keep it from ever shorting out. Never know.

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Finally got around to working on the front end tonight. I’d like some more uptravel. My upper link and panhard were hindering me. So I cut off the upper tonight and moved it over.

For the panhard I think I’ll be able to put a bend in it and get the clearance I need.

Upper was hitting the oil filter adapter fully stuffed.

And panhard gets right up into the oil pan.

Fully stuffed it looks something like this with no bumps.

Upper link cut off, sizing up new one.

Ended up getting a new upper welded on. I’ll drop a bend in the ph tomorrow and see what it looks like.

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #188 (Edited)
Bent the upper link, bent the panhard, notched the driver side motor mount, moved the upper link over. It looks like I’ve earned myself quite a bit of room. About 4” of uptravel at the same ride height as before.

I set the bump stops conservatively for now, putting 2” to the beginning of the bump. These bumps compress nicely though.

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #191 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
I love seeing this thread pop up. It reminds me of the old Pirate when there were 4 pages of new posts/threads a day pertaining to this very thing.

Keep it coming, some of us still really enjoy seeing builds and them being used. :smokin:

·
Registered
341 Posts
I love seeing this thread pop up. It reminds me of the old Pirate when there were 4 pages of new posts/threads a day pertaining to this very thing.

Keep it coming, some of us still really enjoy seeing builds and them being used. :smokin:
x2 nice build, good thread for sure
Good videos too keep em comin'

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
I do hate light bars. But I also didn’t want to spend $500 for more light, and I had this light bar already.

Snow wheeling Wednesday night

Blew a bead pulling my buddy. Whipped my red end sideways into a rock.

Another rad snow day yesterday.

Damnit it need beadlocks. This time I fell through some ice and winching out pulled a bead off.

181 - 200 of 311 Posts