Pirate 4x4 banner

221 - 240 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yup that’s good advice. Anything less than 5.13 isn’t worth it even for 37s. The lowest I could find was 5.38 for the front. So I matched it on the rear.

The master I have now is from a 1996 ram 3500 van. Plastic resi so it’s small. Believe it’s 1-1/8” diameter? It’s barely enough. A bigger one would be better. It was an easy fit though. I extended the push rod in the booster about 3/8”, i unthreaded the pushrod tip (you’ll understand when you’re in there) and used a 10x1 bolt (fine thread 10mm bolt that came off the truck somewhere). Rounded the head down and threaded it in just right. Mounting is easy, I ovaled the holes on the master a little and it fit right on.

So...I found sticky trep 42s for pretty cheap....

Thanks for the input. I will at least run the 513's. Do you run yours on the highway any? I will be using my on the road too. So I still wanted to be able run run the interstate. How did you handle the ABS? Did you just unplug it?

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #222 (Edited)
What's "pretty cheap"? :flipoff2:
You’re right. It depends. What’s the bet price you can find them for down there?

Thanks for the input. I will at least run the 513's. Do you run yours on the highway any? I will be using my on the road too. So I still wanted to be able run run the interstate. How did you handle the ABS? Did you just unplug it?
Lots of highway yup. But our speed limits here don’t exceed 65 mph anywhere. So it’s not a big deal. 5.38s are barely enough for 40s

I ripped out all the abs bullshit

should be just great with the little brakes...:p
Hey I got one ton brakes remember :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
I thought stickies were no good for snow wheeling because of the cold and the compound of the tread? Didn't BFG specifically state on their reds, not for winter use, or some shit?

Bad ass tires BTW! Gonna look killer on your rig. :smokin:

·
Registered
12,603 Posts
Don't quote me on it, but I believe that red labels are the only open cell sticky, which is what makes them terrible. (been there) I don't think the maxxis are.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
Don't quote me on it, but I believe that red labels are the only open cell sticky, which is what makes them terrible. (been there) I don't think the maxxis are.
This is straight off the maxxis website -

“Based on the Trepador Bias, the legendary Trepador Competition uses the same construction and pattern design, but features a sticky race tread compound for the ultimate in off-road traction. Due to the nature of the compound, it is not recommended for use in winter conditions”

·
Registered
12,603 Posts
This is straight off the maxxis website -

“Based on the Trepador Bias, the legendary Trepador Competition uses the same construction and pattern design, but features a sticky race tread compound for the ultimate in off-road traction. Due to the nature of the compound, it is not recommended for use in winter conditions”
You're right, I Googled it and plenty of people saying they are terrible in the snow. I was thinking about the 43 sx, I believe they are closed cell and are about the same as the dot version in the snow.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Apparently these steelies can’t handle a little frozen dirt.
What pound coil rates did you end up with? Really like those wheels. Do you know the offset and backspacing? I am building my Dana 60 now. I ordered my high steer from barnes 4wd, Weld on like yours.. I wanted to run a 4.75 backspacing with a 0 offset. but they claim it will hit the weld on mounts. I like the wheel tucked in like yours.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
What pound coil rates did you end up with? Really like those wheels. Do you know the offset and backspacing? I am building my Dana 60 now. I ordered my high steer from barnes 4wd, Weld on like yours.. I wanted to run a 4.75 backspacing with a 0 offset. but they claim it will hit the weld on mounts. I like the wheel tucked in like yours.
Definitely a sweet truck and wheels but “ tucked in” is a bit of a reach :D

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #235 (Edited)
Damn if my wheels are tucked in....

150/250

These wheels are 17x8, 4.25 BS. They clear with lots of room. The methods I had on before were 17x8.5, 4.75 BS,(zero offset$ and they were close the artec highsteer. But they did. Had about 1/4”.

The steels stick out a bit less than the methods. But still poke about 10” past the body per side.

Steels

·
Registered
17 Posts
Damn if my wheels are tucked in....

150/250

These wheels are 17x8, 4.25 BS. They clear with lots of room. The methods I had on before were 17x8.5, 4.75 BS,(zero offset$ and they were close the artec highsteer. But they did. Had about 1/4”.

The steels stick out a bit less than the methods. But still poke about 10” past the body per side.

Steels
I am referring to the Methods. When I say tucked in I am talking about the wheel it self not the track width. Thanks for the info tho.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Called trail ready Monday. They told me they still don’t have the blanks for the wheels yet. 2 weeks maybe. Originally they told me completed wheels would ship jan 2. They did say, my wheels “are first to be made when we get the shipment”

Is this normal or am I getting fucked around?
That lead time is normal, I sell these all the time and they are usually backordered. They used to be 3/4 month lead times.

221 - 240 of 313 Posts