Pirate 4x4 banner

281 - 300 of 314 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Sweet build man!! Not sure if you mentioned it anywhere or not but what was the original weight and the weight now? I'm thinking about the 42" MTR's as the next snow tire BTW.

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #289 (Edited)
Sweet build man!! Not sure if you mentioned it anywhere or not but what was the original weight and the weight now? I'm thinking about the 42" MTR's as the next snow tire BTW.
Thanks man. Original weight as in when? I haven’t scaled it in the last week or two since the bed and manual. But I should.

Going to try to sell these tires and do the 42” MTR next winter :smokin:

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #292 (Edited)
Snow is getting warm and sticky finally. Nice to be able to float and crawl. Great couple days with the boys

No snow at the house

Took some damage doing stupid shit

Lots of nice slow crawling to stay on top of the snow. There was significant depth in some spots (up to 4 feet) and if you gassed it you would only sink.

https://youtu.be/40ZTEjCc0nY

https://youtu.be/ly86Ms2ofAk

And after a few days of wheeling I can say I absolutely love the manual trans. It’s great to be able to start in any gear. There’s a disadvantage when you’re trying to speed up, especially up hills, because pressing the clutch with aired down tires in the snow is like hitting the brake. But I’m very happy with it.

·
Registered
12,603 Posts
Still looking for a few ways to shave some weight off this truck. I think I could get better performance out of it with some weight savings. Especially in snow.
Lexan

Also, I have a few buddies who have made half doors with soft upper covers.

Swiss cheese the bed with dimple dies? :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
Lexan

Also, I have a few buddies who have made half doors with soft upper covers.

Swiss cheese the bed with dimple dies? :flipoff2:
Yeah there’s a lot of weight in these doors and glass. They’re heavy little fuckers when you’re trying to put when back on! I’d like to completely cut the doors and just keep a shell. But, then I would lose all my ability to open the windows. But I would save significant weight. Also lexan would make a Significant Difference.

I guess it comes down to what am I willing to lose, to lose along with the weight...

281 - 300 of 314 Posts