Pirate 4x4 banner

141 - 160 of 312 Posts

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #142 (Edited)
I didn’t make much progress tonight. Only added a little bit of meat to the rear leaf hanger. If for no other reason that I had to grind a lot of shit off back there and I was worried it’s getting thin being only 1/8” rectangle tube.

In the next day or two I should be able to begin mounting the fuel cell. Not sure exactly how to do it. But I’m going to remove that rotted out crossmember holding in the old tank and do something new. Mounted as low as possible, but not in the way when I link it.

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Did a temporary fuel line hookup, jumped the fuel pump and was able to get it start. Tomorrow I’ll try to run all the lines and get some things buttoned up. Also mounted the battery box, and cut the battery cables to length.

I dig it.

Hoping tomorrow I can run all the lines clean, and have it running again.

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #158 (Edited)
Thank you sir.

Got a decent amount done last night.

Ran the wiring to the back
Ran the brake line to the rear axle
Put the fuel cell all together, put the foam in it and installed it
Hooked up and hung the exhaust
Painted the rear of the frame
Battery is back in

did a function check and it started right up nice and quiet. Bunch of little things left to do but I made some decent progress

I need a turndown tip on this

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #159 (Edited)
Did a bunch of stuff this weekend. I went wheeling Saturday and learned the hard way that I need a filter before and after my fuel pump. Bonehead move that cost me a pump and almost left me stranded on the trail. I had to stop a few times and run the pump backwards to get off the trail and then home.

So Saturday afternoon I got myself a 100 micron filter for before the pump, and a 10 micron filter after. Then reworked the fuel lines to make it all fit.

Filters will be mounted

Beat the piss out of the bed and unfucked it enough to go back on semi straight.

Put the fire extinguisher back in a day or two late and made a little filler plate for my old fuel filler.

Still lots of little things to do including make up some storage in the rear. A couple ammo cans and some pelican type cases should do the trick. I’m digging the spare tire location actually. I can still see perfect out the rear window, and it doesn’t stick up too much above the bed. Haven’t figured out a great way to hold it down yet though.

·
P.B.A.
4,321 Posts
I’ll be honest when you first started posting I thought you were just another guy who was dreaming about what he was going to do. This thing turned out awesome. Even better that your using it.

141 - 160 of 312 Posts