Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got an 85 22r.

Ran PERFECT since my rebuild, until I ran it to empty like an idiot because i didnt rehook up the fuel guage thingie.

So, I ran it DRY. Long story short, has run perfectly, ran it dry... saw crap in the fuel filter, replaced it AND the pump on the block. Got it running strong again, tested the new suspension blah blah blah and drove it for about 30 mins, parked it, called it good. Two weeks later.... go do some work, and BAM...no fuel is getting to the engine. What gives? I dont wat to kill my starter just to get gas to flow.

·
Premium Member
16,324 Posts
check the float sight glass. possible debris got in the float/ventri area and its not workin properly.

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is that what measures the amount of gas in the tank? It works properly now that its connected.

sorry, im an idiiot still with these trucks.

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
T T T.

I'm guessing it sucked up debris that I missed. I installed the pump per instructions (with a NEW spacer) and installed the fuel lines accordingly, which I marked so I know they are right.

Whats the best way to flush the lines?

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sooo... I ending up just pouring some gas directly into the carb to see if it would even run.... started right up and ran all day......

What gives? Im wondering if this was the same problem as earlier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.