Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't make my mind about this...
I've a running 350 SBC, vortec heads, 670 Truck Avenger and "stock" intake manifold attached to a TH400 and NP205, all this in a CJ7.
I have to replace stock intake with a new one, but can't decide for single plane or dual plane.

Which one do you prefer?:confused:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Dual Plane....unless you are running a fairly large cam that is going to really draw on those heads, the single plane isn't going to do a darn thing for you. If you are running a stout cam and looking for a fatter mid to upper range hp increase, by all means, you will pick up power with the single plane. The dual plane will work better for general 4x4 duty with a typical rv style cam and have a broader power band in the typical rpm range you will be operating in and really goes a long way to promoting low speed fuel atomization with higher port velocities at lower rpm....but the plenum volume is much smaller so power will fade off sooner than the single plane in the upper rpm range.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Dual Plane....unless you are running a fairly large cam that is going to really draw on those heads, the single plane isn't going to do a darn thing for you. If you are running a stout cam and looking for a fatter mid to upper range hp increase, by all means, you will pick up power with the single plane. The dual plane will work better for general 4x4 duty with a typical rv style cam and have a broader power band in the typical rpm range you will be operating in and really goes a long way to promoting low speed fuel atomization with higher port velocities at lower rpm....but the plenum volume is much smaller so power will fade off sooner than the single plane in the upper rpm range.
Wordy but basically perfect response.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you CTD NUT, that is a very complete answer, doubts cleared.
The cam is plain stock, I guess that will be the next step.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts