Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone make 1:1 ration single speed xcases.

we need it to be bolted behind th400 and should have 10-12" front driveline offset.

googled some and only found thease Quick Change Gearing xcases and chain drive units, we only need 1:1 ration gear drive box.

if anyone have cource/info of them:smokin:

·
thhhpptthh!
46,716 Posts
Why do you ONLY need 1:1? Size, weight?

:idea:
stupid low axle gears, just needs to split the direction of the tranny output to both axles???

or something?

·
Registered
933 Posts
:idea:
stupid low axle gears, just needs to split the direction of the tranny output to both axles???

or something?
and those guys from Finland (from what I've seen) don't need any two speed TC

·
Premium Member
13,748 Posts
Closes thing would be a dana 21 out of an older ford truck. It is divorce mounted and single speed.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
The only non-selectable, single speed case Ive ever been witness to was the Lovell 357... but 3.57:1 is a far cry from 1:1.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Or run a 205 and take out the low gear set????

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
isnt there a v drive box kinda thing that has in input and two outputs.

Are you looking for a centered output or both off to one side?

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
I know that there was the BW1339 Quadratrack on jeeps in the mid to late 70's. The low range was an option. The offset is both on the passenger side. And they came behind TH400's. Also look at the AMC/Eagles of the same genera. The only thing is its a Chain driven, but that chain is WIDE and rated for 3/4 ton use. The center diff acted like a limited slip transfering power to the axle that needed it and allowed slip. Then by actuating the vacumn switch to lock up the center for full lock.

Hope this helps and those finland guys are Freakin NUTS:eek: I like what they do!

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
its for formula offroad rig.

weight and size.

it should be centered rear output and passenger side drop front.

and we run 4.11 in axels:p those paddle tires like wheel speed:smokin:

·
Premium Member
4,235 Posts
I was going to say, an all gear t-case that's bullet proof, passenger drop, and has 1:1 would be your standard 205. But if weight saving's and size savings are important, then obviously you don't want a 205.

I know those racers put out a LOT of power, so strength migt be an issue with those half-ton or less t-cases.

·
Registered
885 Posts
ScoutIIs had one for a few years. It was called the TC-143. It has the same pattern as a texas D-20.
The Scout TC isn't strong enough for the formula guys.

·
Newb
3,129 Posts
What about half way gutting a 205 and maybe even trimming the low range gears off to save weight? Still fat and heavy but that might be better (if you're not already doing that).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts