Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a six bolt waggy 44 that is going into a yj. Instead of changing it to a 5 on 5.5 pattern why not change a scout 44 to a six bolt. I don't need the crossover steering at this point. I am running 3.5" lift springs 1" body lift until the jeep gets retired as the daily driver. The info I can find is to use ?? year cherokee drums and have the axles redrilled. What about backing plates etc? Will any of the parts from a model 20 out of a waggy swap over? Are their any disadvantages of using the front waggy as is six bolt? I live in Maine and the wheeling I do isn't as hardcore as the stuff most guys on this board are doing. I basically want easily servicable, stout axles that are worth locking up. Thanks

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
The Rockslut said:

Cause the scout outers suck. Thats why.
What sucks so bad about the Scout outers?

The 27-spline stubs? The external hubs? The narrower track width they give you?

Heck, Scout Dana 44s suck, too.. no caster in the front, SUA.. and in the rear they like to bend the housings from time to time.. so it's probably just best to skip over them in the boneyards.. POS tractor parts...

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Get Dodge 44 outters from the knuckle out. They are 5x5.5" and Scout uses an 8 bolt spindle not a 6

1 - 7 of 7 Posts