Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out that I will have to custom make engine mounts, a tranmission mount, and possibly a t-case mount to put my 1.3 into my SJ410. I'm willing to do this, but my other option is to swap frames, does anyone know if an 84 SJ410 body will fit onto an 88.5 Samuria frame that way all I would have to do is the swap.

·
Registered
63 Posts
as long as i know the body will fit to the samurai frame. but the 410 axles will not bolt to the saumrai frame because the springs are mounted with an offset.

try to get a frame with axles and engine and everything or use this to swap to toyota axles.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already have (from a Samurai) both axles, driveshafts, yokes for the t-case, 1.3, and tranny . I can get the frame, I just need to know if the body will fit. Thanks for the help though.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Yes the sj410 body will fit the frame . One of the locals here just swapped a 410 onto a fuel injected sammi frame . He used all sammi(413)stuff underneath .

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, thanks for the info, I appreciate the help very much.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
i did it, and everything fits except the 2 body mounts that are right in the center of the truck, on each side of the tranny tunnel just behind the front seats.... they have to be drilled to a new spot.... but mine was a 82... 84 might be closer but i don't think

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks MUD MAGNET, that info really helps.

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
jeeppartz said:
Yes the sj410 body will fit the frame . One of the locals here just swapped a 410 onto a fuel injected sammi frame . He used all sammi(413)stuff underneath .
Damn, I'm just one of the locals now! :shaking:

I just swapped a 1984 SJ410 body onto a 1990 frame and the two center mounts not aligned correctly was one of the problems and so was the hood/radiator clearance since the SJ410 hood has a lower profile than the SJ413 Samurai. I actually swapped in the later model brakes with brake booster and the later model dashboard as well. Kind of a PITA since the old one had to be sawzalled out of it (they are welded in!), but it works and looks good now. Glad I did it since I now have a 1984 fuel injected SJ410!

Sean

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
oh yeah the hood, you gotta use the hood off the 88...... we used the whole front clip but isn't neccessary...... :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know if anyone can help me but I have an 84 SJ410 with disc front brakes and I need a master cylinder for it. I live on St John in the US Virgin Islands. Suzukis are very popular down here bc of the rugged and steep terrain but all the older ones are disappearing to be replaced with big SUV's. Such a shame as these are the ultimate island vehicles. We also have an 87 Samurai.

Already tried Hawk.

Han

·
Registered
465 Posts
HAN said:
I don't know if anyone can help me but I have an 84 SJ410 with disc front brakes and I need a master cylinder for it. I live on St John in the US Virgin Islands. Suzukis are very popular down here bc of the rugged and steep terrain but all the older ones are disappearing to be replaced with big SUV's. Such a shame as these are the ultimate island vehicles. We also have an 87 Samurai.

Already tried Hawk.

Han
Hope that some of those sources I forwarded to you will be helpful........Right here is one of the best places to look, as you have. In fact Aftermarket replied to your other questions in this thread..................kerry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts