Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any place to skeet shoot around placerville? no gun clubs just an open legal spot. thanks for any help
Jason

·
Registered
7,592 Posts
there is a range on the south end of union mine road near the old dump I see a sign for. havent been to it though.

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
You can shoot in the natl forrest but they may frown on littering the hillside with bright orange clay pigeons. We go up above Grizzly Flats but we're always careful to clean everything up and leave no trace. We bring our own targets and shoot only into the embankment. Not into any trees... :D

I would ask at the local gun shops in the Placerville area. There's also one in the little town of El Dorado. If you find anything interesting, post it up here. I used to shoot some skeet. Might give me something to do when I'm not napping. :D:D

(Shut up JiMMy)... :flipoff2::D

·
16,230 Posts
I thought that skeet shooting was not allowed in National Forests?

I am not totally sure about that. You may want to contact Steve Morgan's group: PLINK in Eldo. They do clean-ups of shooting areas.

While you can shoot just about anywhere in Eldo, there are several areas to shoot off Bonettii road. I would just double-check on shooting skeet first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts