Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont like the idea of using thin alum. sheets, like Heat & Air companies use, though cheap and easy to work with, I want something else.

So what is everyone using, I was looking at Lexan, but I am sure there is some cheap plastic, you can buy in sheets cheap.

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
I used a roll or sprint car plastic on my bed. Got it out a place in Arkansas. Pretty cheap and in almost any color to.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya Bones that was the stuff I was thinking of, trying to find your old linky, couldnt though.

Anyone got it?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
we dont need no stinkin skins! ok i am just gonna use the beat ones i got here

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
Blue-Beard said:
I found a link to a place that sells it online. I plan on getting a roll to skin the sides of my flatbed once I build it.
http://stockcarproducts.com/acc5.htm
I want to say that mine was cheaper than that. It was 22" wide and 25' long and I think it was in the $30 range, but I could be wrong. They had it at my door in only a few days.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks bones, ya I was search, but couldnt find.

By the way, there is a toll free number 1-888-443-4494

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FYI, toll free, is out of order.

They have went up to 2.0 a foot. So that roll you got for 30 is now 50

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
anyone else?

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Bones said:
I want to say that mine was cheaper than that. It was 22" wide and 25' long and I think it was in the $30 range, but I could be wrong. They had it at my door in only a few days.
well stockcarproducts isn't to much more at 22"x25' for $38
not to bad. If it can be found for cheaper thats cool. :D

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
trkklr77 said:
freeway and large street signs are good and usually free after dark! :grinpimp:

That is if you have a get outa jail free card. Fawking theives :shaking:

Hey David, A few of my freinds help a couple guys that race dirt track. I think they usally use thin aluminum,I'll check with them tommorrow to see if they have any ideas or different options.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
My fenders, hood, cowl, roof, quarters, etc. are all .063 aluminum diamondplate. The doors are steel diamondplate 14 gauge since they take most of the beating since they're the widest point. I get real good deals on diamondplate, but even better since the aluminum ones were waterstained. I painted them OD green so I could care less, but a 4x8 sheet was about $40. Look around for the waterstained ones, especially at the bottom of the pile if the supplier leaves it outside. Lexan is a good choice, but it's pricey. You can paint it from the inside so the color doesn't get knocked off if you scrape it.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks raptorman, The reason, I dont want to go aluminum, is that it bends, krinkles easy. I thought plastic wouldnt do this, and would just scuff, and scrap shavings off.

I have found a few suppliers, but all local racing shops are pricey. Ya a racing buddy told me to buy the plastic in 4x8 sheets alot easier to work with.

We will see.

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
FWIW, once the plastic takes a hit, it will deform or dent just like sheetmetal, only it's solid color throughout so it won't look as torn up as metal is all. I was surprised at it's durability when I did hit it though. I would go with whichever you can find the cheapest.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We will see, buddy owns, a H&A bussiness, so all the tools are there and the sheets.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts