Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used this new spring yet. I am thinking of changing from the RE 6" spring and going with this sky jacker 10", looking for input. Thanks.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong, but SJ uses a 9" spring and 1" body lift to achieve the 10"s of lift.

I have no experience with the SJ coils, sorry.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm running the 9" coil. At the time I bought these, last May, a Skyjacker 10" lift consisted of the 9" coil with a 1" body lift. I believe SJ is now making a 10" coil. That's how it looks on the site.

My 9" coils were the same length as the 8" ones I replaced. Hence stiffer than the 8s. I have to wonder about the 10s. Same length as the 9s and 8s, but stiffer still? Maybe not ideal.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
You're probably better off sticking with the RE coils. Skyjacker likes to exagerate lift heights unless they've changed their practices.

·
Registered
531 Posts
that sounds rediculous even with the long arm kit a 6" as crazy control arm angles and torque twists like crazy, I know because i see AKjeepgirl's jeep do it all the time

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am making my control arm longer and changing the RE crossmember to have the upper arms go to the top of the rear diff. I want to run 42's the 40's are just not cutting it anymore:flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
how do you do it?

When I had the MJ, I ran 4.5" ZJ coils up front and the coil would do nasty things on compression. I don't see how you guys run 8"+ coils?? On the other hand, my bud is running 42's with the stock coils front and rear. He just moved the frame mounts down the the axle mounts up. Might be something to think about.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Whats Jerran? Its MikeSmith . Was Just screwing with the TTC crowd. They all get butt hurt by my post!!!! Icould care less. I guess they have nothing else to do with their time but snivel about it Oh well take it easy i will talk to you later. Mike Smith www.fabworxinc.com

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Drunk Guy said:
it doesn't do that funny of things when it is compressed. Look
Mine would compress till most of the coil were touching each other, and would be bowed in about 3 different directions. But hey, if it works for you all the better!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts