Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the sky jacker rock ready 8 inch lift, a good lift kit is it strong i want to run 37 inch tires with it

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
Yeah, just put a three inch body lift with it and you should be fine...:shaking:

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
8" of lift????? Find some 40" - 42" tires if you are going that big.

Get some real axles too.

Better yet fab your lift.

Read Me

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
what if i cut the fenders i would cut the rear all the way back to the hatch
Proper punctuation makes a sentence easier to read.

A rear comp cut and some front fender cutting will allow you to use less lift for a lower COG.

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Why do a 3 inch body lift when you can get a good strong 8 inch body lift. It is way cheeper then getting a suspension, and it will work way better.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Why do a 3 inch body lift when you can get a good strong 8 inch body lift. It is way cheeper then getting a suspension, and it will work way better.
That could work or just stack hockey pucks til you reach the desired height, that should do it. :shaking:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
8" of lift????? Find some 40" - 42" tires if you are going that big.

Get some real axles too.

Better yet fab your lift.

Read Me
im having a set off dana 60 built . waiting on clemson 4 wheel to call me back with the price and stuff.

and i would fab my lift but i do not have time i only get the weekends off. and im stashiond in flordia and my jeeps in SC

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
That could work or just stack hockey pucks til you reach the desired height, that should do it. :shaking:
I prefer using tubing and then duct taping hockey pucks on each end to dampen vibration...always concerned about those pucks coming apart when you stack them 8, 10, 12 inches tall.

But seriously, as TJP stated, cut, cut, and cut some more. You can fit alot of tire without a ton of lift if you get creative. There are a number of threads on this board regarding this subject.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Id go with a Full-Traction 6" long arm, and do some trimming...you will be happier, and its a better setup, imo.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
is the sky jacker rock ready 8 inch lift, a good lift kit is it strong i want to run 37 inch tires with it
FYI i would only recomend the 8" lift if you go through water and dont want a snorkel. i have the clayton 8" and here in FLorida it works great, i use the AFE intake so i need the height to go through water and it works great on the small mine pits here also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Id go with a Full-Traction 6" long arm, and do some trimming...you will be happier, and its a better setup, imo.
I've had this lift for two years and no really big problems. I noticed the driver side upper control arm bracket bolts backed out a little bit. I had just welded the hell out of it.:usa: With 35's and some trimming up front and I had trimmed the rear to the pinch seem. It works really good. It has scrared my tires some:nuke: Over all Im very happy with the set up. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
FYI i would only recomend the 8" lift if you go through water and dont want a snorkel. i have the clayton 8" and here in FLorida it works great, i use the AFE intake so i need the height to go through water and it works great on the small mine pits here also.

I still laugh at your build thread...:laughing:

Maybe you could give some beauty tips too???:laughing::laughing::laughing:

:flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts