Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Sky pitman adapter and was curious of how some are mating it to the drag link. I was wanting to find a nut or a bun to weld to my drag link and use the nut that came with it to keep it tight. It only came with one jam nut and I can't find another nut or a bun that size anywhere. I'm using 1 1/4" solid round for the drag link and tie rod both. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
Find someone with a lathe and drill and tap it! If they are good with the lathe they could also thread it for you. ? why solid rod???:D I have also made TR's by taking and old TR and cutting the threaded part off and slipping it in the tube and welding it in the tube, not just on the end but also drilling holes and rosette welding it.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That might be the best way,I may check with a machine shop to see what that might cost.

Solid round cuz I had it lyin around and I don't think I will ever break it.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I just ordered the tap for this, 23mm 1.5, and it was $100!!!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Monte Busselman said:
I just ordered the tap for this, 23mm 1.5, and it was $100!!!
If I decide to go this route what would you charge to make a bun to fit this adapter? Would you even be interested in doing it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
I just ordered a drag link from Rockstomper cut to length and tapped to order. Way easier and cheaper than buying a tap, etc. :D

·
Registered
695 Posts
I also bought the rock rods from Rockstomper because I didn't want to pay the $$$ for the tap. Alot cheaper and easier.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I believe Budbuilt offers pre-tapped tie-rods & draglinks.
His stuff is stout, too.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
i've had good dealings with Parts Mike. The price is right on his stuff too and they are good parts.

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
I've just started doing business w/ Parts Mike too. Good guy, great parts & prices, and only 10 minutes from my house. :D

I dunno if he does metric (Toy) stuff usually though... I just assumed he stuck w/ domestic...? I guess I'll ask him. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts