Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought this might help some that hesitated yj swapping due to height concerns based on other posts saying yj swap lift 2 to 3 inches. I held off doing it for a long time due to not wanting 2 or 3 inches more lift.

I had ome rear OMECS038R springs. Spring under with 4 inch shackles. Springs were a few years old only used a few trips a year.
Went to skys rear swap with stock 4 leaf yj springs. SPRING UNDER sky's shackles look to be about 5 inches. Springs had a year of use.

I lost one inch of height after the yj swap.
Car weighs 3200

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
251 Posts
Get some lift springs to make up for what you lost if it's a big concern. Got any more pictures of the car overall?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Get some lift springs to make up for what you lost if it's a big concern. Got any more pictures of the car overall?
Thanks but I was concerned with there being to much lift, as most say it lifts min 2 to 3 inches. I wanted to let people know my results if they are worried about to much lift..I am very happy with where it sits now. Roughly 6 up travel and 6 down. Shocks are limiting the down a hair.

I'll look for pics got a new phone n cant find any pics but it dosent look like a sammy any more.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Ah gotcha. I'm running Trail Tough YJ's SPUA, which are are roughly 1-1.5" lift over stock, with another leaf added up front to help with how much weight I have up there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts