Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Word is that Sky MFG has stopped making their boomerang shackles. I was going to use a set on a spring swap this weekend. The owner called me today and said he got an email from Sky saying that they had stopped making the shackles and offered a refund if he returned the shackles. My question is if any of you have had a nightmare story concerning these shackles or any reason why i shouldn't run them on the guy's truck?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Did you hear that from Sky? Sounds fishy because they are still offered on his site, even on the main page.

Anyway, mine work fine. They came with hard plastic spacers instead of the metal ones shown on his website. But no complaints after the last few months. Certainly made the 'rears up front' simpler, due to the body mount.

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't hear that from Sky, but was told this from the guy whose truck I'm working on. I told him to keep the shackles because I am putting rears up front, which is why I wanted them in the first place. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a problem with them. Hopefully Sky will chime in and clear everything up.

·
Registered
34,181 Posts
Wilson said:
I didn't hear that from Sky, but was told this from the guy whose truck I'm working on. I told him to keep the shackles because I am putting rears up front, which is why I wanted them in the first place. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a problem with them. Hopefully Sky will chime in and clear everything up.
If true, check out budbuilt.com... Bud sells 'em too.

·
Banned
9,402 Posts
Sounds Fishy to me, Too!!!! Granted I'm only in the shop a couple times a Month but it doesn't like something Sky would do. Maybe the email you were told about was aluminum verus UHMW spacers and not the shackles???

·
Registered
462 Posts
Well, lets see, we still build boomerang shackles, plenty in stock, no problems sept for the ocasional bent one from landing the whole truck on a big azz rock. The e-mail thing worries me, since my computer that I normally recieve mail at crashed for the final time last week and I'm using our shop computer to write this, so someone is feeding some crap to ya. use them, they work killer, wouldn't sell them if I didn't run them myself.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I got a set, been on the truck for about 5 months. After two trips to Tellico and several local trips I can't complain about a single thing. GOOD PRODUCT!

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SkyMfg said:
Well, lets see, we still build boomerang shackles, plenty in stock, no problems sept for the ocasional bent one from landing the whole truck on a big azz rock. The e-mail thing worries me, since my computer that I normally recieve mail at crashed for the final time last week and I'm using our shop computer to write this, so someone is feeding some crap to ya. use them, they work killer, wouldn't sell them if I didn't run them myself.

Thanks Sky. I was very skeptical from the beginning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts