Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Man this stuff blew in here round noon today after 2 days of 65 degree weather, the FJ60 is taylor made for this, took the wife out and let her drive in it, first time she has ever felt comfortable in a vehicle in snow.
Lame you and Shrek would feel right at home!!
Butch

Attachments

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Hey Texican, you know a friend of mine name of Nick Stone? He must be freezing his @@# off. Bet that poor little BJ42 I sold him needs a couple hours with a torch under the hood to start it.
Just sent a 3B, five speed and transfercase into Oklahoma last month. He will also have to get out the torch.

Rob
R&D Diesel Cruiser Restorations

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
So whats up.. I live in Utah and it sounds like I have to head to Texas to see some snow these days... whats up with that... How much annual snow do you guys usually get?

And wngrog, I went wheelin' with a co-worker of yours, really cool guy and a sweet truck with tons of potential. You know who I am talking about? :D

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
wngrog said:
Damn it is COLD! I am in Oklahoma and it is freaking -7 chill factor (4 degrees!)

BBBBRRRRRRRRRR
Yeah it's nasty here today! I had to walk to class (on ice) in that crap bright and early this morning, froze my butt off. Now if only there was a way to freeze your belly off... :idea:

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Great, I look forward to scraping the ice off TWO cars tomorrow AM...I especially look forward to scraping ice off the sprung-over 60, that's always pleasant! :)

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
do you have a few running cruisers of a few different varieties? like 40s and 60s? upkeep, maintenance, fuel bills registration, anything else the government can think of to rape you on!

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
DIESEL CRUISERMAN said:
Hey Texican, you know a friend of mine name of Nick Stone? He must be freezing his @@# off. Bet that poor little BJ42 I sold him needs a couple hours with a torch under the hood to start it.
Just sent a 3B, five speed and transfercase into Oklahoma last month. He will also have to get out the torch.

Rob
R&D Diesel Cruiser Restorations
hell yea I know Nick, he's packin' .45 for that Canadian that screwed him into buyin' that underpowered slug:flipoff2: :flipoff2:
JOKING!!! The BJ is his pride and joy, in fact I piloted it thru the Rock Garden at the end of Fins & Things..........
Nick told me he was worried about doing it (no experience yadda yadda, then while I was underway, he was telling everyone how he conned me into driving that no power steering bitch thru for him:D :D I did the Ironman lift & some other work on it for him also.

Butch

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Ya, I know those 3Bs are some guttless wonders. If he were to throw on a turbo and double the power, then look out. He may not complain too much about the fuel economey.
I have sold a bunch of cruisers down south and plan on attending one of the cruiser functions, only expierence I have wheeling is here in BC Canada. Not much in the way of rock crawling.
We are building one big bitching HJ60 wagon with 40s and the works. Should be complete in a couple of months, should perform well. My customer will be using it to tow his trail rig Samuri with 42s,that are turned by a little 2L toyota diesel motor. I am a cruiser fan but that truck looks pretty coool.

Good talking with ya, as Nick would say Happy Trail!!!

Rob

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been spanked by a couple of built Sami's :flipoff2:
Good thing they were nice guys........you got any pix of a Power steering pump mounted on one of those engines?
Nick is after me to do a PS conversion on it, and I don't see a good option for a pump???
Butch

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
%@$& southerners stealing all of our snow...

:D

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
texican said:
I've been spanked by a couple of built Sami's :flipoff2:
Good thing they were nice guys........you got any pix of a Power steering pump mounted on one of those engines?
Nick is after me to do a PS conversion on it, and I don't see a good option for a pump???
Butch
Butch
Canuck BJ60s and BJ70s had PS on them, so there is def a Toyota part to bolt onto the 3B. I do remeber the reservoir is remote mounted on the firewall of the 70 series. One of the diesel guys might have pics. Rick? Andre?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Being from the mountains of Colorado, it's really funny to hear the reactions to snow from you deprived folks... looks like enough snow to cancel school!:flipoff2: (although you have seen plenty of precip lately, huh?) BE CAREFUL OUTTHERE!;)

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
cruiseroutfit said:
So whats up.. I live in Utah and it sounds like I have to head to Texas to see some snow these days... whats up with that...
You better have some when I get there next week!!!:flipoff2: We've had 41" Fri-Sun as of 5am this morning ( 3 12" powder days in a row - makes it tough to work in the garage!), and its snowing again tonight - supposed to be another 10-16" in this one!!:D

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hell yes, they have cancelled almost every school all over, ya' gotta remember all them Yanks they imported to the DFW area think they are on the freeway with people that know how to drive on it.............big wrecks....plus our stuff is wet and slick!!!
Totally different than the stuff I've driven on in Colo. and Minn.
Butch

1 - 20 of 40 Posts