Pirate 4x4 banner

Sleet Snow etc. in TEXAS!!!

2K views 39 replies 20 participants last post by  dieselcruiserhead 
Hey Texican, you know a friend of mine name of Nick Stone? He must be freezing his @@# off. Bet that poor little BJ42 I sold him needs a couple hours with a torch under the hood to start it.
Just sent a 3B, five speed and transfercase into Oklahoma last month. He will also have to get out the torch.

Rob
R&D Diesel Cruiser Restorations

Ya, I know those 3Bs are some guttless wonders. If he were to throw on a turbo and double the power, then look out. He may not complain too much about the fuel economey.
I have sold a bunch of cruisers down south and plan on attending one of the cruiser functions, only expierence I have wheeling is here in BC Canada. Not much in the way of rock crawling.
We are building one big bitching HJ60 wagon with 40s and the works. Should be complete in a couple of months, should perform well. My customer will be using it to tow his trail rig Samuri with 42s,that are turned by a little 2L toyota diesel motor. I am a cruiser fan but that truck looks pretty coool.

Good talking with ya, as Nick would say Happy Trail!!!

Rob

Wow, you cannot even blink on this web site and someone is good enough too help out. Nice bunch.

As for the power steering reservoir, hang tight and I will contact a few of the guys selling parts for diesels here in the great white North. Nick should call me when he needs these parts, I would wholesale the parts to him.

I have mentioned to Nick in the past if he were to install a five speed, just let me know and I will get him a total package for the same price. 3B, five speed, split case, transfercase mount and all electrics. With the full 12 volt electrics he could sell his 3b, 4speed and split case. We are also working with a fellow in Alberta who is developing a turbo for a very low price, this could be installed prior to shipping.

We just sold a very strong 3B with the five speed etc for a really great price, the engine went into a 82 FJ40. They completed the install in only 3 days, I was pretty impressed.

By the way the trees are budding here and it was almost 10 degrees today, talk about your strange weather here on Vancouver Island.

Rob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.