Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to store maybe 10 gallons, my new buggy has a small fuel cell. I have a PJ buggy hauler with plenty of room. Looking for suggestions and it must look good too :flipoff2:

I've had Rotopax in the past but wasn't super impressed with the functionality.

Thanks dudes!

·
old school idiot
1,594 Posts
i used a salvaged aluminum boat tank once. was 30 gl, wide long and thin. cleaned it up so it had a brushed finish. pump and filter in the storage box, powered off the trailer plug. i think the whole thing cost like 30 bucks for the bungs. tanks are easy to make to fit anywhere you want. i just made 2 25gl tanks for my F800 for toy fuel

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Someone will tell me why this is stupid, but why not just get a 19 gallon 80's Ford truck tank, they are like 5" tall, and use the electric frame pump wired off a switch and a battery? Tuck it up under the trailer and add a filler neck on the side and you're good to go?

·
old school idiot
1,594 Posts
been there done that back in the 80's, worked fine. was hard to route filler neck in a safe un cluttered spot

·
Banned
3,576 Posts
Someone will tell me why this is stupid, but why not just get a 19 gallon 80's Ford truck tank, they are like 5" tall, and use the electric frame pump wired off a switch and a battery? Tuck it up under the trailer and add a filler neck on the side and you're good to go?
Because that wouldn't be "slick":shaking:

There's lots of flat tanks like that that could easily be re-purposed. A flush mount filler plug from a boat (or aircraft) solves the hose routing problem. Depending on your trailer frame width you could probably fit two fuel tanks side by side depending on what you get them from.

·
Registered
11,202 Posts
put it up front and put the filler out the front of the deck

put together 5-10 junkyard in-tank pumps to get a decent flowrate, because a 1/4" stream just ain't quick enough

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I have a tank from a bullet heater mounted under the trailer deck it feeds the generator that's also mounted under the deck. I cut a hole to access the filler and the gauge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts