Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a chelsea pto winch for a muncie. How do I know that this will fit my muncie sm420? Guy dosen't know what it is from or how old. Post or send me some pics. Thanks!

(I know a few of you guys run them, thought this would be a good place to ask)

·
Registered
836 Posts
The Toyota PTO runs off the transfer case, which differs from most PTOs that run off the transmission...

That said, a SM420 takes any standard 6 bolt PTO gearbox, so it should work.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I have a Chelsea PTO off a SM420 and compared it to one off a SM465 and the gears are different.
The 420 PTO is front or rear output (front outputs were rarely used because the engine cradle crossmember usually prohibits a front driveline in 48-57 Chev trucks for a Front PTO)
Mine is available if anyone is looking for one to buy. I have some pics if interested .

bennett

·
Registered
836 Posts
Hm, didn't know the gears were different.

Well, still, a good gear store should be able to get the parts to make it work. And a front/rear PTO winch setup would be SAWEEET!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Does this mean that your Cruiser is running finally?????
or you're just trying to find other ways to keep it off the road?????
:)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PLEASE send me those pics of the two ptos you have. That way I can see the difference between the gears. That would be a huge help. (also for a comparison, I would like to see how much you wanted for yours)

Thanks for the info so far.

·
Registered
9 Posts
dr_claw said:
PLEASE send me those pics of the two ptos you have. That way I can see the difference between the gears. That would be a huge help. (also for a comparison, I would like to see how much you wanted for yours)

Thanks for the info so far.
I am not at home but will get some pics later to you

bennett

1 - 9 of 9 Posts