Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through my "tech" book Ive made through years of magazine clippings. Anyway I was looking for SM 465 rebuild type shit and stumbled across and article I saved from back in the day on the "Iron Giant" in there I found info on solving the 3rd gear pop out with a few items this company makes. First is a sleeve that replaces the snap rings between 3rd and 4th gear...its a whopping $11.25 Also they make a set of heavier shift springs for the shifter rails, they were 5 bucks a peice. Anyway thought Id share as Im about to rebuild mine and thought this was pretty cool stuff.

Anaheim Gear 1-800-477-1103 www.anaheimgear.com

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
The sleeve and snap-ring go on the counter gear on the early models. The factory had problems with the original snap rings holding 4th gear in place. The fix was to remove the factory snap-rings and installl the sleeve betweeen third and 4th and then put a heavier duty snap-ring on the outside

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
the heavier springs might help when you replace your WORN OUT SHIFT FORKS
the countershaft snapring thing sounds like total BS to me, much like the 5* backcut dogs replacement gear

·
Registered
9 Posts
not trying to jack or eneything, but mj are u talking about thows lkie revers cut sincrows thay make?

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
syncros are a brass clutch ring
the actual dogs that drive the gear is what I am refering to, in that there is some sold as the solution to the "kickout problem"
IMO the solution is to ensure full engagement

1 - 5 of 5 Posts