Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a good buddy asked me to build a buggy for him and his son, he wanted a beach buggy look.
suzuki swift(metro) transaxle, toy diffs, one link front and rear with 12" air shocks. You dont need to spend a heap to have a cool looking buggy no matter what country you live in.

started off with some 2x3" box for rails, set the wheelbase and mounted motor and box

chopped up the metro hood to give it a vw buggy look, still have to extend the hood over the nose a little

added some tube and mounted front shocks
working on rear now and a sliding peddle box and wheel for different drivers

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nice looking buggy, the rolled tube really helps with the beetle look.

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Good work so far. I've often thought the Metro drivetrain would be good for a tiny buggy. Are you going to weld the differential in the transaxle?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts

·
Vendor
1,458 Posts
Nice work. Cool to see some creativity in a small project on a budget. Good mix of bent/rolled tube.:smokin:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes the transaxle will be welded, i have a tiny metro powered buggy and its a great light power train.

got a few hrs on it today so a few update pics

yet to brace up the panhard mounts in the rear.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
steering mocked up, as well as fuel cell and radiator fitted up in the rear, rear rad is not my usual style but the shape of the bonnet didnt help

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyway to cut a long story short, work got flat out till after Chrissy, but I have found a little time to get it done

1 - 19 of 19 Posts