Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do yall use for small connectors on low wattage items like rock lights. Running them down the length of my truck bed rails and would prefer if they are removable if needed.

I usually use DT or powerpoles, those seem a big big and expensive for this.

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
Clip off the connectors from GM ABS sensors in the junk yard. On the front of every c/k truck from 80whatever to current.

it's a neat little 2 pin weatherproof connector, comes with a couple feet of wire on the sensor side, and a foot or so on the harness side if you pull hard.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Clip off the connectors from GM ABS sensors in the junk yard. On the front of every c/k truck from 80whatever to current.

it's a neat little 2 pin weatherproof connector, comes with a couple feet of wire on the sensor side, and a foot or so on the harness side if you pull hard.
I like that option. Needed to do a junkyard day anyway.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Deutsch connectors are very good, but cost a little more.
I really like these things. Use them for as much as I can. For really low voltage or where space is a premium I just use the Deutsch pins, heat shrink the connector ends so they don't short and then heat shrink a hood over one end so the connection isn't shorted.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Check out you local hobby shop. There are a bunch of small connectors used on R/C cars/planes/boats. Some will be pigtailed and some you solder the wires on.

·
Premium Member
4,243 Posts
Check out you local hobby shop. There are a bunch of small connectors used on R/C cars/planes/boats. Some will be pigtailed and some you solder the wires on.
shit, great idea.

ive tried using weather packs, and the wire gauge on most of my LED's is so small (22 or smaller???), it doesnt crimp well, even with my smallest sized weather pack pins (20 or 22 i think).

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
shit, great idea.

ive tried using weather packs, and the wire gauge on most of my LED's is so small (22 or smaller???), it doesnt crimp well, even with my smallest sized weather pack pins (20 or 22 i think).
Strip twice as much and fold the wire over, then solder after.

Either way with such small wire it isn't going to be strong enough to pull on, the wire itself will just pull apart.

·
Premium Member
4,243 Posts
Strip twice as much and fold the wire over, then solder after.

Either way with such small wire it isn't going to be strong enough to pull on, the wire itself will just pull apart.
yeah, tried that. seals didnt work still, and the wire just ended up breaking. Im sure it can be done, just not really well in my opinion.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts