Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some heims for shifter linkage. I remember seeing somebody's post on here with summit part numbers but couldn't find again in the search. Looking for basically a 3/8 heim. 3/8 shank and 3/8 hole most likely smaller.

thanks,

arndog

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Here's JEGS heim joint page. They have alot of different sizes. I think I even seen a listing for a 1/4" heim if 3/8" is to big.

Jegs Hiem Joints

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Cheap Steelies @ OSH... don't know if you guys have them up there or not. I got some bling bling anodized alum heims from a local race shop for $13 ea

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Northwest Racing Enterprises in Monroe has them Thats where we get all our small ones for steering etc. They are easy to find and only about 30 minutes from seattle> They have a web site to its like northwestracingenterprises.com

·
Registered
281 Posts
do you think the heims at osh would hold up on a trac bar maybe

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
nomayota said:
do you think the heims at osh would hold up on a trac bar maybe
I wouldn't, unless you design a proper trac bar ( I assume you mean to control axle wrap) . Most people don't design their bars properly and tehn bitch when they bend the shank on a heim joint. The OSH joints seem to be just like the ones from a tractor supply place. I wouldn't use them on anything above light duty. I will probably sue them on my D300 twin stick though.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys I will either go with the local guys if I get a chance to go up there or the online guys.

Can't wait to have a nice smooth shifting setup.

thanks

arndog

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Northwest Racing Enterprises in Monroe is a cool stoor I just went there the other day for the first time and I was impresed.

Go to Grainger it will be cheaper. They have all sorts of heims (most are light duty stuff) that will work for what you want.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts