Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put on my enelbrock intake and I have a small leak at the intake and it makes my engine not idle correctly ( i sprayed one intake side with carb. cleaner and idle smoothed so thats how i know its an itake leak) . I need to drive 400 miles this x mas (home and back) and I was wondering if this could be bad to drive like this? I dont really have the time right now to take the intake off. Any have any comments?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I wouldn't drive it with an intake leak if it is serious. It will cause some of your cylinders to run a bad mixture compared to other cylinders. I would fix it, because depending on how bad the leak is, could cause your idle to spike. Not cool if you are in traffic. How bad does it idle and drive now?

-Ted

·
Registered
80 Posts
dude, it only takes a couple of hours to take off an intake, reseal /w rtv or install new gaskets w/ rtv, then bolt back on. Just do it this evening. If you're not good with timing, then make sure to mark the distributor position. only takes 5 min to run and top off the coolant when you're done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts