Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished 4 linking the rear of the Jeep and cannot find any way to package my 2 chamber Flowmaster.

I would like to keep the same kind of sound but need something smaller.

Any suggestions/experience regarding other products out there?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Flowmaster Hushpower compact size great sound for something that looks like a glass pack. Or the Spintech those mufflers are bitchin!

·
Registered
399 Posts
I just put a 4"x12" hush power muffler and a mini cat on my Jeep for clearance reasons. I'm very happy with the sound, throaty, deep but not too loud.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
I went with a basic turbo muffler on my rig. To be legal on MI state land you need spark arrestor mufflers (no staight thru). It's cheap, small, and works.

Part # Brand Price Case (L) Overall (L) Thick Width In Out Type
IMM-16806 Cherry Bomb $24.95 13 17 3.25 7.75 Offset Center Turbo

·
Premium Member
4,902 Posts
Its like you guys read my mind, i'm almost to the exhaust stage on mine and was looking for something compact.

I'm just amazed this made it and didnt get flaged by one of the flame police to general 4x4.

Great finds fellas!!:smokin:

·
Registered
134 Posts
you can get the cherry bomb shorty turbo muffler from autozone, it measures 17" overall in length. I moved my cat forward about 6" and it dumps just after the belly pan skid on my tj

·
Registered
205 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
If you use a small muffler and it's still too loud or "drones" try some of the exhaust cones that insert into the pipe. I think dynatech or something like that makes them. The only drawback is I think the smallest they make them in is like 2.75" or 3" so, if you are running a smaller exhaust you are SOL.

I used them on a road race car just upstream of the mufflers and they lowered the sound by a few decibels and got rid of the droning noise that it had at certain RPMS. Left the sound deeper and richer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts