Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel kinda stupid posting something like this on a board where people keep pushing the technological edge for Cruiser suspensions and modifications in general, but since I'm not a member of any other forum/list, I figured I'd share anyway! Besides, I'm kind of proud of the way it turned out and nearly cut the tip of my finger off while doing it! :flipoff2:

Too many offroad miles and too many crappy, leaky Venezuelan batteries had left my OEM battery tray thinner than aluminum foil and completely corroded. I considered buying another OEM tray, since they're not that expensive, but I stumbled across a guy selling these stainless steel reproductions for even cheaper, and I couldn't let it pass.

Trays are awesome, the fit and finish is sweet and even though this isn't one of those bling-bling mods that people look at, I don't foresee ever having to worry about the batter tray on the Princess. I ended up getting two of them and replaced my other OEM tray (mounted on the driver's side, mirroring the original one), which wasn't corroded but still scrappy.

In any case, here are some shots I took of the results!

The first one is a comparo of the OEM tray and the new one...jeez!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Cool!
How much?

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trays were less than $60 each and came with everything, including all the metric SS hardware to mount them to the inner fenders and even extra washers. That included delivery, too.

·
Discount!
4,539 Posts
How about some contact info of where we can purchase these? Seems like a good deal, and they are very nice looking. I know I need one for my 60, I'm sure others would be interested as well.

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
Nice! I had planned on getting one of those for my 60.

I didn't realized how bad mine was until I replaced the radiator last summer and found tons of corrosion & junk on the battery side of the engine bay. I cleaned everything up and installed a Optima yellow top but the old tray is still in there.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I can't find the link to the website, but the guy to talk to is Noel, his email is:

[email protected]

Yes, Butch, I made the initial contact through ebay, I was the high bidder on one but I didn't want to get into a pissing match with the other bidder, so I stopped and contacted the seller, asked for a deal since I was buying two of them.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
wanabecruisen said:
I got one from the same guy for my 40 a few months ago. Same deal - about $60 and works great.
Any pics of the 40 ones...

They look pretty damn cool...:D

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Yeah, these trays are VERY well made, I bought one this past summer, the guy is really nice, ships them right out FedEx w/tracking:

Here's his website: Stainless Trays

·
Registered
38 Posts
I installed a set of these last summer. He has Optima hold downs for the 55 tray, and may be working on them for the 60 tray too. Like Henry said, much cheaper than OEM. For the price of replacing on steel tray, I got two stainless steel trays. Comes with all mounting hardware (except needing a few nuts on the (US) drivers side).

Here are a few pictures.

dual stainless trays

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yes, Noel's trays are very nice and come with all the hardware. He lives around here and asked if he could use my FJ55 as the test fitting vehicle for the 55 trays. I let him use it and he gave me a tray for free! Even though there was a wasp's nest under the hood and one of them stung him.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yes, Noel's trays are very nice and come with all the hardware. He lives around here and asked if he could use my FJ55 as the test fitting vehicle for the 55 trays. I let him use it and he gave me a tray for free! Even though there was a wasp's nest under the hood and one of them stung him.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts