Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a backward question but I am selling my truck and I would like to put a set of 30x9.50 on it and keep the 32x11.50s for my land cruiser.
Would it be to out of line to run the 30 inchers with the 4:88 on a v-6 toy truck? With the 32s it runs about 3000 rpm at 70 mph. The truck is good and I don't want the new buyer to blow the thing up. Thanks Bill

·
Registered
432 Posts
Buy another set of 32's for the cruiser with the money you make off the sell of the truck. It will still read 3000rpm at 70 with 30's or 32's it will just be going alot slower your speedo doesn't know you swaped tires. I ran 33's and 5.29's and it was a on the high side but not unreasonable, don't know about 30's and 4.88's though.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
sounds like a bad idea to me.

That would put the engine at 3200 at 70. That's a little to high for a V6. For a 4 popper I'd do it, but not a V6. It is a manual, right? If it's not, the it should be fine with an auto. I think they have a better OD.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it is an auto. The 30s are brand new. I have ran a set of 31s down to the indicator before. That would be close to a 30 I would think. Can't use the money from the sale for new tires. It will all be going down on a seperate rig.

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
61,972 Posts
mobiltoy said:
Yeah it is an auto. The 30s are brand new. I have ran a set of 31s down to the indicator before. That would be close to a 30 I would think. Can't use the money from the sale for new tires. It will all be going down on a seperate rig.

Toyota actually offered 4.88's stock with the auto trucks and 31" tire option, so I don't see it being too far off. If it was a manual, I would say no way...

·
Banned
25,224 Posts
Are you the original owner? That RPM seems wrong, I'm running 3K rpm at a speedo reading of 81mph, uncorrected. This is a V6/auto. Unless you or a previous owner changed speedo gears, there is something wrong with your reading (understanding that what you see on the gauges in front of you is completely independent of what's running under you). Have you checked your speedo/odometer against mileage signs on a highway (unless you KNOW that the speedo gear is stock, and that the rig originally came with 4.10 gears).

Now, I have run 4.88s with 235!!! tires for a few weeks, it'll get up and go from the line like that :D but I wouldn't run it over 3K on the highway (something like 65mph true speed, 80 speedo speed)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.