Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pardon the Project name.... It was given by the rig owner and we do not mean to offend anyone....

Just a little something we have been developing for those that are needing to narrow their TJ frame section to clear coilovers or air shocks and do not want to french their frame. We will be updating this project over the next couple weeks so stay tuned....

Attachments

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Couple more. These will be entirely bench welded except for the very ends that are joggle broke to slip right over the frame section where we cut. It will put the frame rails directly under the tub and will tie in to a rear bumper with D-Rings...

Attachments

·
6x6x6 ROCKCRAWLER!!
1,311 Posts
Those are some nice looking frame-rails! I like the extra bracing in the middle and the slots for welding you added in!!! Very nice little touches!!! Keep up the good work and keep the pics coming!
Matt

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
please do this for a CJ frame!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Attachments

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Already have it done for a CJ....
true but looking for something not as extreme. I still want to hold the original tub so I can get my soft top on the jeep (kid/wife to keep warm:D)

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That Cody's Jeep from Come Get Ya Some?
Sure is!! What gave it away, the trucker chick on the hood or all the body damage??? ha, ha.....

·
Registered
139 Posts
I cant believe someone would post pics of such junky jeep! Whats with the red "racing stripe" on the hood? That rig is ROUGH! lol Is that a BTF logo I can barely make out in that picture?! Whats up with that?!

·
Registered
563 Posts
So are you gonna be mass producing these framerails? Any idea on what you're gonna sell them for? They look sweet.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I cant believe someone would post pics of such junky jeep! Whats with the red "racing stripe" on the hood? That rig is ROUGH! lol Is that a BTF logo I can barely make out in that picture?! Whats up with that?!
We will agree that this rig has been wheeled hard. Just a testament to its owners heavy right foot and big kahonies..... We couldn't ask for a better person to put these through a battery of tests!! As for the red racing stripe it's a new high-tech redneck hood fastener!!! The owner is a real trend setter! All the cool rednecks are using them now!!! As for any logo's in the picture, we don't know what your referring too since they have been camouflaged with the skilled use of paint matching gray DUCT TAPE!!!!!:smokin: Another innovative idea of the owner!!!!:shaking:

·
Dinkerdoodledoo
9,255 Posts
Looking good, Don.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So are you gonna be mass producing these framerails? Any idea on what you're gonna sell them for? They look sweet.
We have taken a few pre-orders on these kits already. We will be selling them in kit form (requiring welding of all pieces together and installing them) and welded up ready to install. Both will come with triangulated cross members and rear bumper with D-Rings. We will also offer a fuel cell and skid plate to replace the factory tank and some matching trick roll cage tie-in brackets. We are installing air shocks on this rig and we will be attaching them to the frame rails rather than the standard roll cage hoops. So, we might include the shock mounts as an option as well. We will initially keep a couple frame rails in inventory but depending on the demand we might just offer them on a build type production meaning you order them and can expect them on a 1-2 week turn around depending on if you want them welded or in kit form! We also can offer them extended for those guys wanting to stretch their wheel base even more...

As for price and with the crazy cost of steel prices we are looking at a price range of around $625 for the kit and $750 for the fixture welded rails. Both will come with triangulated cross members and rear bumper with D-Rings.

dimple dies are sexy, what thickness plate is that on the back?
They are made of 3/16" except the inner gussets which are 1/8"...

Looking good, Don.
Thanks John.... Let us know how your custom corners work out!! We hope to see some pictures when you get them installed!!!

·
Registered
563 Posts
We have taken a few pre-orders on these kits already. We will be selling them in kit form (requiring welding of all pieces together and installing them) and welded up ready to install. Both will come with triangulated cross members and rear bumper with D-Rings. We will also offer a fuel cell and skid plate to replace the factory tank and some matching trick roll cage tie-in brackets. We are installing air shocks on this rig and we will be attaching them to the frame rails rather than the standard roll cage hoops. So, we might include the shock mounts as an option as well. We will initially keep a couple frame rails in inventory but depending on the demand we might just offer them on a build type production meaning you order them and can expect them on a 1-2 week turn around depending on if you want them welded or in kit form! We also can offer them extended for those guys wanting to stretch their wheel base even more...

As for price and with the crazy cost of steel prices we are looking at a price range of around $625 for the kit and $750 for the fixture welded rails. Both will come with triangulated cross members and rear bumper with D-Rings.

They are made of 3/16" except the inner gussets which are 1/8"...

Thanks John.... Let us know how your custom corners work out!! We hope to see some pictures when you get them installed!!!

Awesome. That's just what I needed to know. I am looking at doing something very similar so I will be watching this thread closely.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Gotta hand it to you guys: You're turning out some very sweet stuff. My build is just beginning and the choice on where to turn for the mulititude of needed parts seems to get easier everytime I check out one of your threads. Keep up the great work.

·
that guy
2,609 Posts
Exactly what we were thinking!!!:shaking: Thanks Dookey for stepping up on our behalf!! Seems some vendors like to/need to get advertising by any means!!:shaking: We don't even know who that is nor have we seen anything they do??

Though we would like to see some pictures of their rails... Just curious to their similar design/quality???
just deleted what I had posted above,

rails look great .

1 - 20 of 54 Posts