Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snorkal Question

I am trying to put a snorkal on my 4runner and I was just wondering if anyone knows of any companies other than arb that makes snorkals?

·
Registered
726 Posts
ALOT OF FUN TO DEAL WITH TO,.IMHO

especially the ARB,info Tard: in washinton ,

What i came up with for a ARB Snorkel for a 85 4Runner,
Is a right hand drive model for a 84-88fendered compariable ausi toyota(not Guaranteed to fit at all too)

cause of turbo deisel or ??

Bla bla bla

Will abstruck your vision is what he told me,very nervios to sale to usa drivers i think.

Alot of fabbin too he said,

KEEP in mind i had to email this guy from arb like 7-10 x's too.

Then he finally told me whatys up,and not a bolt on.without 1 way modifications and no leak guarantee,= he wont do.

Did that help any?

I saw one in the parking lot of the last 4dyce trip(the guy had it on a 85runner too_Owns some 4x4 shop in Reno Nv(what his wife said):D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well thanks a lot for the help....it sounds like ARB is a real pain in the ass to deal with.... I knew ARB made snorkals but it seems like all the 4runners I see with snorkals are always made by arb....I just wanted something different from what everyone else has. Today I was out and saw a tacoma with a snorkal on it and it had to be proffesionally made judging by the way it looked and fit but the design was a lot different from ARB's....I just wish I knew where that guy got his snorkal

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
I have an idea for a snorkel, and I think its pretty cool.

Ok- Drill holes in hood, like on wildyoats, not a full on hole, to prevent big leaves n shit, on top, mount on of those vacuum hoses made from aluminum that compress completely (spray painted black), and extend out to like 5 feet, so get an antenna or something like to temporarily hold it up, pull the hose all the way out, zip tie it onto the end, then take a dip into the drink, once you come back out, you can take out the supporting pole, and push back down the vacuum hose, so that it doesnt restrict flow.

Who thinks im insane, who doesnt know what im talking about... and last- Who think it would work? Keep in mind, this would be a 10$ or less snorker:D

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
Adam F said:
Maybe this will give you some ghetto fab ideas :) (no its not mine, I saw it on the trails)

That is one of the ugliest firkin trucks I have ever seen. I really like the header set-up, thinks it is a drag boat. Oh, well if it gets him there:rolleyes: :p :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
DX2Dave said:
I have an idea for a snorkel, and I think its pretty cool.

Ok- Drill holes in hood, like on wildyoats, not a full on hole, to prevent big leaves n shit, on top, mount on of those vacuum hoses made from aluminum that compress completely (spray painted black), and extend out to like 5 feet, so get an antenna or something like to temporarily hold it up, pull the hose all the way out, zip tie it onto the end, then take a dip into the drink, once you come back out, you can take out the supporting pole, and push back down the vacuum hose, so that it doesnt restrict flow.

Who thinks im insane, who doesnt know what im talking about... and last- Who think it would work? Keep in mind, this would be a 10$ or less snorker:D
If you're gonna go through that much trouble, get an electric antenna and be able to raise and lower it from in the cab :D

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
LOKNLOD said:

If you're gonna go through that much trouble, get an electric antenna and be able to raise and lower it from in the cab :D
Why the fuck didnt I think of that! Genius! :laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
72 Posts
snorkles

I have a safari snorkel(what arb sell) on my truck and love it.
I have found ARB over here in aus to be very helpfull with any questions I ever have. Maybe you should direct your Email staight to them.

http://www.arb.com.au/Safari_Snorkels.htm

http://www.safari4x4.com.au/docs/product.htm

I dont know what models they make them for but TJM also sells snorkles made by "Airtec".

http://www.tjmproducts.com.au/products/snorkels.html

If all else fails you could get a few bits of mandrel bent exhaust pipe 3 or 4 inch or so and weld together a custom snorkel and just buy the air intake scoop for the top.

Paul.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts