Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning a trip this weekend to the Con.
Anyone have snow/rain reports since the big storm?

We are plan on going in Wentworth Springs since 50 is still closed.

Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the update.
CalTrans is a bit slow with web site updates.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
im up in south lake right now and last I heard on the local radio was that 50 was going to be closed for the next couple of days because of the chance of mud slides. When I came into south lake on monday you could see the smoke comming from the fred fire and there was no snow on the mountians. Today when the clouds cleared there was a huge white blanket everywhere and no smoke to be seen :D

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
Aggro said:
50 is open again.
It snowed here so it snowed more there.
Hey, Aggro, How's the motor swap coming??

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Boreal ski resort opened TODAY!!!!!! :eek:
You know there is snow on the Rubicon if the ski resorts are opening.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Anyone got some pics from the trail after the snow fell? Going up Friday and plan to hit Rob's on Saturday night!!!

The snow is hear and my 16" boggers should be way better than the 12.50 sx's last year. Winter is good. Snow is good. Let's play two!

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
42,184 Posts
Tom Boyd said:

Boringhill opens with 1/16" of coverage. All they have going for them is that they are the first resort open for like the last 15years. When the real resorts open, there is snow.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Beat95YJ said:
Boringhill opens with 1/16" of coverage. All they have going for them is that they are the first resort open for like the last 15years. When the real resorts open, there is snow.
Kirkwood opens this weekend.
Is that a real enough resort for you :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
NOTPRETTY said:
Anyone got some pics from the trail after the snow fell? Going up Friday and plan to hit Rob's on Saturday night!!!

The snow is hear and my 16" boggers should be way better than the 12.50 sx's last year. Winter is good. Snow is good. Let's play two!
I too am running a wide tire for the white stuff this year. I just picked up some 35-15.5-15 sx's. :p

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Got back form the Con today. It rained steady Friday night thru Saturday late evening. Conditions at Loon Lake went from 8-10 inches of light snow to 3 inches of slush or the weekend. The bowl was crossed by a couple groups. Hopefully the next wave due in will add a foot or so of snow.

According to the guys that camped with us there were tracks made all the way to the bottom of Walker Hill. They stopped there, but said the tracks continued on. I forgot to bring the camera so I don't have any pics.

King TJ...What street are you on...PM???

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Disco said:
Why the sad face? This is the best time of the year!!! :D :flipoff2:

We're thinking of making a run this weekend depending on the forcast. :D

If not, I'll go riding (NOT Boreal).

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
NOTPRETTY said:
Got back form the Con today. It rained steady Friday night thru Saturday late evening. Conditions at Loon Lake went from 8-10 inches of light snow to 3 inches of slush or the weekend. The bowl was crossed by a couple groups. Hopefully the next wave due in will add a foot or so of snow.

According to the guys that camped with us there were tracks made all the way to the bottom of Walker Hill. They stopped there, but said the tracks continued on. I forgot to bring the camera so I don't have any pics.

King TJ...What street are you on...PM???

How was gate keeper? Is it in as bad of shape as I have herd? :confused:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts